AMSOIL / Torchmate Racing Wins the XRRA National Championship

SuperRanger

Reaction

Ok, so not everyone here likes rocks bigger than bowling balls. I certainly don't when racing in the desert. XRRA racing is not just boulders anymore and has evolved into extreme terrain racing. There are big rocks (that hurt), big climbs, and some monster jumps. I beat the piss out of my truck but it held together!

The National Championship was in Colorado Springs, CO this last weekend and we won it! Racing against the likes of Shannon Campbell and a bunch of other fast guys I had to lay it out more than I like and take some risks. My brother won this event 2 years ago and I am pretty proud to bring the championship back home. My brother (Roger) sheared off the wheel lugs and lost his shot at a win.

Video of a jump I overshot -

Next up is the Silver State 300 in the 7231 Torchmate Ranger.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

wayne_demonja

Reaction
Good job Brad !!!!! Hey I will be at the SS300 see you there.

SuperRanger

Reaction
Thanks guys. My neck should feeling better just in time for the next race. :) Missed you out there Wayne, see you in Alamo!

ShortGears

Reaction
Great job Brad! The air you were getting on that uphill jump was wild.

These XRRA events are great to watch. It was worth the 5 1/2 drive from Albuquerque Friday night.

If there is an XRRA event near you I suggest you go check it out. They are non-stop action.

It seemed like Roger did not even know he lost that tire till he was out of the rock garden. Went thru half the rock garden on 3 wheels and still tried to kept driving. Must be watching too much monster jam at home. LOL

Not stealing Brad's thread or thunder but this one was crazy to watch in person. [video=youtube;o65yz4yDjXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o65yz4yDjXQ&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Last edited:

Racing Ron

Reaction
Congratulations Brad! Well deserved and couldn't happen to a nicer family!!

Ron

SuperRanger

Reaction
Congratulations Brad! Well deserved and couldn't happen to a nicer family!!

Ron
Thanks Ron! Thanks for help help getting us to where we are.

That video is awesome, I think it is Adam Carter. I was standing at the top and thought he piled it into the wall. He was sideways 5' in the air coming out the exit gates. I thought everyone up top was dead!

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Sweet victory, Brad. I was there, shooting a video for Pirate4x4 and should have it ready to go in 2-3 days. For you desert racers, if you get the chance to go see an XRRA event, it is worth the drive and time --- great stuff -- nonstop action, speed, horsepower, high tech rigs, mad driving skills, etc.