AN -20 Radiator Hose

85yota

Reaction
So I just got a new C&R radiator for my toyota with a Small block chevy in it and the upper hose on the rad is a -20 AN fitting. Does anyone know of a -20 fitting that will thread on an accept a standard radiator hose, or of a t-stat housing that has the -20 threaded fitting also so I can make a new uppe rhose with the ss braided lines. Thanks.

Wild bill

Reaction
I made my own themostat housing using a -20 aluminum weld bung and a 1/4 thick aluminum plate. Use a gasket as a pattern.

85yota

Reaction
sounds like a good idea. Any problems with just cutting off the -20 fitting on the rad and welding a 1 1/4" piece of aluminum with a bead roll on that. The motor isn't that built so a SS braided rad hose isn't necessary.

Wild bill

Reaction
If you don't really need -20 hose, I would modify the radiator as you described.

Rprice

Reaction
plus AN fittings that big are alot of cash and the braided line. silicone hoses and alluminum hard line are much nicer and cheaper too.

85yota

Reaction
Hey just wanted to let you guys know what I did. I found a -20 steel cap and I machined out the center to 1" and welded a 1.25" piece of tube to it for the hose to slip onto. Super easy and works great so far.