An entirely too early KOH thread

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
My race truck was a 1982 Toyota. I put the 84-88 Ivan hood and fenders on it, and put Ranger bedsides on it because there were no early 80's Toyota long bed bedsides in fiberglass available. If I can figure out an alternative I'm sure you can too!

Back to KOH talk. Can't wait!

View attachment 233572

I already have all of that stuff..... I was going for the stock bedsides that have all the little cargo hooks on it...Just to make it "stock"...(read the 4600 rules)..... plus the permanent front inner fender liners..... (why do we need them?)...... I suppose I could race 4700 the way it is, but not even stand a chance against super sized steering knuckles, etc, etc.... There are rock crawling clubs for Toyota's with Exo-cages and everything.... Maybe I need to join a "jeep club" for Toyotas ....get my mentality right.... Why can't they have a class for whimpy little stock vehicles like '79 thru '83 Toyota 4wd's......????

4687 mod31.jpg

1979_toyota_4x4_pickup_1627309943df770e0759cdab75260672C-4162-48BE-9C70-24F8360C46E2.jpeg

See that front axle should be gusseted, but not widened.... That's the limitation right there.... stock front 4wd axle... I have pounded mine to death at high speeds, and it has never broke once...... Can Chevrolet, or Ford match that without modifications....??? I guess we will never find out due to a lack of a stock 4wd class....

Last edited:

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
I'm not overly impressed with building better and better cars or trucks in order to win..... For example in Formula One, technology has been used to build faster and faster cars...... little bumble bees with lots of little wings from being in the wind tunnel too long.... The cars look stupid, and sound stupid compared to the flat 12cyl Ferrari, or the V12 Alpha Romeo from the '80's..... Sure the new cars are faster and would blow those old cars off the track..... But I won't pay to see them do it....
I don't enjoy watching money race.... it belongs in a safe....

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
I never said they were racist.... and I don't need you to interpret their motives..... it was clear to me.... and I'm white....

Paid about $70.00 to get in, just to find out we weren't welcome because of skin color......

Contradict yourself much? If your friend was not welcome because of his skin color then those that did not welcome him were being racists. You accusing them of not accepting your friend because of his skin color means that you ARE saying they are racist.

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
Contradict yourself much? If your friend was not welcome because of his skin color then those that did not welcome him were being racists. You accusing them of not accepting your friend because of his skin color means that you ARE saying they are racist.
Again, I never said anyone was racist... But just know that the first thing upon parking we had to deal with KOH volunteers that had a Trump flag the size of a queen sized bed spread.... We had to be chill.... I had talked off road the entire way out to the race, but when we got there, it looked more like a political rally even though we paid to park....

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Again, I never said anyone was racist... But just know that the first thing upon parking we had to deal with KOH volunteers that had a Trump flag the size of a queen sized bed spread.... We had to be chill.... I had talked off road the entire way out to the race, but when we got there, it looked more like a political rally even though we paid to park....

Newsflash - desert racing crowd and rock crawling crowd are two different breeds of human being.

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
Newsflash - desert racing crowd and rock crawling crowd are two different breeds of human being.

I have since forgiven them for their ways for they know not what they do or speak..... I was out there to see the Toyo Tires go fast trucks.... The rock crawling has a learning curve for me.... Steering knuckles the size of basketballs.... But just like Trigger they don't look that big on TV.....

Last edited:

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
yup , i can feel for ya Greeny, your all jacked up and psyched to get your off road fixx & you show up to some yahoo hillbilly racist that Really harshed your gig, sorta like when i used to watch nfl and some assshole kaperdyck is kneeling for the flag, and roger badell sucks blm wankur, it sucks for sure, so i quit watching nfl , college football is back, next...

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Add trophylite to the race list for KOH…

—john

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
You are being extreme judgmental of someone just because they had a Trump flag Green. What did a Trump flag ever do to you?

mrlentle

RDC keyboard warrior
RDC Crypto
You are being extreme judgmental of someone just because they had a Trump flag Green. What did a Trump flag ever do to you?
We came to KOH in 2020 up from New Zealand - a tiny arse country with an either centre left or centre right government depending on if red or blue are in. The flags were a bit of an "oh wow" moment when we drove in as politics are a lot less publicly outspoken here in NZ. Media created perception we had was that the flag wavers were going to be a bit in your face. Once we took the time to talk to various folks they were all there for the same reason and politics had nothing to do with it. They were proud of who they support but like us they just wanted to see some racing. Everybody was welcoming to us Kiwis and I'm itching to go back.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
some flags im ok with sortof not flying , ( personally i think the first ammendment trumps ANYONES ' FEELINGS'!!), what if all this was flipped& its blm flags, & che Guevara flags, oh wait thats ok now...but im all for the right to fly Whatever flag You want.just dont force your views on others

Attachments

• download (4).jpeg
    download (4).jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 0
  • images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 0
  • reagan.gif
    reagan.gif
    181.7 KB · Views: 0

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
It's annoying to see Trump Triceratards in your face with their flags..... i'm going to sport a Nancy Pelosi flag and see if my first amendment rights get violated.....GTFO of my face....