-AN fitting size for fuel tank for 350 Chevy???

atomicjoe23

Reaction
I have a new project that I'm working on and I'm doing my own fuel tank for it (welding aluminum isn't a problem. . .) and I need to know what size -AN fitting I should use from the fuel tank to the carb for a mild Chevy 350?

This is my first excurscion into non-bolt-on engine mod's so I appreciate you guys help.

This is for a non-dezert rig. . .it's for a rat-rod. . .I'm converting a 15 gallon 1/2 keg into a bed mounted gas tank for a '49 Willy's pick-up truck rat rod. . .the engine is from a '77 Chevy Pick-up truck. . .

if you need more info to help me out I will be glad to provide it. . .

I'm using a bolt-in fuel filler neck with doubler plates and a gasket and a high-flow bulkhead fitting for the fuel line outlet to the carb. . .just need to know what size -AN fitting will be adequate for the engine. . .don't want to go to small and restrict the engine, but I also don't want to go ridiculously large for what I've got.

Thanks!!!

Wahl_7s

Reaction
If you're running a carb I agree with cliff -6 should be more than sufficient.

DBMETALWORX

Reaction
Website
WWW.DBMETALWORX.COM
Most fuel cells ive dealt with use a -8..

atomicjoe23

Reaction
Yeah. . .it's stock out of a '77 truck and carb'd with a 2-bbl at the moment.

Only mods that are planned are some shotgun headers, and to swap out the intake manifold for a conversion to 2 or 3 single bbl Stromberg 97 carbs and change out the valve covers, oil pan, etc.

The project it's in is gonna be fairly light and you go for a very retro look. . .nothing modern about it!

I'm making my own fuel tank out of a beer keg that will be mounted in the bed of the truck so I can make the fittings whatever I want. . .I'm not even using a fuel gage no sending unit will be necessary. . .the way we're gonna know the fuel level will be via a sight glass, more than likely made from a beer bottle!

Thanks for the suggestions. . .I just had no idea what size would be good.