Andy Mc

stephenrjking

Reaction
Luke and I take the same lines, he just flat out caught me so I pulled over and let him go.

I told Luke and Duncan on the radio to "take it easy on that truck, boys" when they passed me. It was a long race still from mile 580 when they went by, so I was reminding them.

I ran my (conservative) pace and it wasn't good enough. Luke, the Ampudias, and Josh Daniel in Rob's truck kicked my ass in the desert, period. I've never been the first truck on the road so I felt that I was in control of the pace but boy are those guys fast. My game plan was to get through San Felipe clean with no mistakes or flats, and I did just that. Just too conservative. I wanted to keep the AWD together and have a solid truck to push the last 150 miles after the gut punching bumps of San Felipe/El Chinero. I definitely could've pushed harder in the desert but that LINE is tough to ride on.

Mile 760 the truck decided to go into the purple tier and lockdown. The silver lining to DNF'ing is Luke got the Overall W and the SCORE Championship. Great way to cap off a very successful year for our team and Family.

Oh and yes, Andy raced with Bryce to answer the original thread question!

Happy Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years everyone! Cheers!
Love the insight, was sad to see that you had to stop. Great racing.

E motorsports

Reaction
Luke and I take the same lines, he just flat out caught me so I pulled over and let him go.

I told Luke and Duncan on the radio to "take it easy on that truck, boys" when they passed me. It was a long race still from mile 580 when they went by, so I was reminding them.

I ran my (conservative) pace and it wasn't good enough. Luke, the Ampudias, and Josh Daniel in Rob's truck kicked my ass in the desert, period. I've never been the first truck on the road so I felt that I was in control of the pace but boy are those guys fast. My game plan was to get through San Felipe clean with no mistakes or flats, and I did just that. Just too conservative. I wanted to keep the AWD together and have a solid truck to push the last 150 miles after the gut punching bumps of San Felipe/El Chinero. I definitely could've pushed harder in the desert but that LINE is tough to ride on.

Mile 760 the truck decided to go into the purple tier and lockdown. The silver lining to DNF'ing is Luke got the Overall W and the SCORE Championship. Great way to cap off a very successful year for our team and Family.

You sir are a class act!!!
Your Grand Father would be proud of all three of you!!!

JDDurfey

Reaction

Don't get it twisted...You were and Bean were hauling the mail for more than half the race running out front! You guys may have been "setting the pace" but it wasn't a slow one. Ampudia got a flat trying to keep up with you.

az_amsoil

Reaction
If you saw Bryce's IG update, he made a mistake trying to pass RG and torn up the steering. Seems like he took a chance on a pass and wasn't aware of the terrain, he owned up to it and without that mistake, no doubt they could have been up front battling for a win. Salvaging a third after the downtime shows how good those two (Bryce/Andy) can wheel a TT. Congrats to Luke and the McMillin family, that front pack was so fun watch!

Kiwiflyer

Reaction

Watched you come through 395 Just before Vally T .... you four guys checked out. San Felipe was super nasty this year. Bummer you didn't finish but big congratulations on a super season.

Zac Reish

Reaction
Hey Dan what was the situation with the nerf and losing both rear spare tires? Did straps snap, cage/harnessed break. Seem like a major hit would be necessary for both tires to fall out. When up front in the lad do you guys move after getting nerfed or say F it you're going to have to pass me

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction

PAB’s new nickname is Dan.......

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Hey Dan what was the situation with the nerf and losing both rear spare tires? Did straps snap, cage/harnessed break. Seem like a major hit would be necessary for both tires to fall out. When up front in the lad do you guys move after getting nerfed or say F it you're going to have to pass me

If I get bumped I pull over, unless it's Luke. I won't move over for anyone unless I get tagged.

Aaron Ampudia was right behind me after our pit #4 on hwy 5 down by Puertocitos. Right as we hit the dirt , he hit which I was expecting, but pretty hard. When I went to pull over he hit me again twice as hard knocking my spare(s) off. It was ridiculously hard, bull sheet if I'm being honest. But we're friends so he owes me round of golf! Alan can come, too.

Zac Reish

Reaction
If I get bumped I pull over, unless it's Luke. I won't move over for anyone unless I get tagged.

Aaron Ampudia was right behind me after our pit #4 on hwy 5 down by Puertocitos. Right as we hit the dirt , he hit which I was expecting, but pretty hard. When I went to pull over he hit me again twice as hard knocking my spare(s) off. It was ridiculously hard, bull sheet if I'm being honest. But we're friends so he owes me round of golf! Alan can come, too.

Hahaa! Thats kind of how we roll on our team aka Team Train Wreck. My so called buddy Erik Irvine put up a running $100 bounty on my rear bumper for who ever gives me the hardest nerf during each race. Sounds pretty standard between friends in off road racing.

Nessy

Reaction

Thanks for the updates Dan. It was fun watching the dots, listening to the weatherman, and following on social media but we still miss so much and have so many questions when its over. You and your team are looking impressive and congrats on the 500 win.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
@DanMcMillin having started out front do you think there is a definite advantage to starting up front at a long race like the Baja 1000 or back a few spots and let the race play out?

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
@DanMcMillin having started out front do you think there is a definite advantage to starting up front at a long race like the Baja 1000 or back a few spots and let the race play out?

I can't really say because I got caught so maybe? lol

When the 1000 throws in a long San Felipe loop like it has the last two years, I think the advantage for being first on the road happens in the first 200-300 getting there. Once you hit the desert it's game on. Also depends who is still in the hunt at that point too. Luke, Aaron, Josh and Andy are all fast drivers who do their homework (very well). No secret.

For a peninsula run, huge advantage. Being stuck in the dust through Bay of LA at night is terrible.