Anna Nicole - 1993 F150 4x4 Prerunner

jeff

Reaction
Basics... 4wd, 3 seats, two-tone brown... I've got a bunch of pictures that I need to sort out, here's the most recent...

I owe a HUGE thanks to the following people for their help with this build... I could not have done it without you!

John Bitting - He's the guy that talked me into this build! John has been instrumental in keeping Anna on track and has been nice enough to drag her around behind his DD for me. I can't begin to count all of the times John has helped but it's at least 20 separate trips. Many mahalos!

Nate (and crew) @ Blitzkrieg - These guys are responsible for every tube you see on the truck. Nate also designed and built the rear end housing. It took a little longer than expected (change order or ten) but it was well worth the wait. Those guys put in insane hours and really do take pride in their work. Can't say enough good things about the crew!

Joe @ Murphco - Dirty hooker travel TTB extraordinaire! Joe built the beams and radius arms and they came out better than I had ever hoped for. If you've got a Ford question this dude knows the answer (and part #) off the top of his head. Too bad this guy isn't cranking out products 24/7 because what he does build is very nice. Hint hint Murph, take yo' talent and apply it! ;)

Todd @ Fox Racing Shox - From race shocks to dance moves, T-ODD knows all... and he does it really well too! Can't wait to get out in the dez to dial in this setup.

Randy @ Walker Evans Racing - I screwed up the first time and didn't specify the correct lug seat machining... Randy said no problem, bring the wheels in and they'll take care of it, no charge. Super good people over there! I paid a little more for a Walker Evans Racing wheel and it was well worth it, these guys are local (Riverside) and when an issue came up (my fault) they took care of it!

LJ Kennedy @ The Body Guyz - Major thanks for the use of the trailer! It would have been almost impossible to load and unload this pig without your setup. That winch is a lifesaver! Thanks for the use of the shop too... that was a lifesaver! Oh, and thanks for letting me use your truck and your trailer to tow Anna - the Yukon REALLY thanks you.

Racer X - I changed fuel cell requirements mid-build to gain rear link clearance. Racer-X had the cell in stock and shipped it out the same day... AWESOME service!

Ray & Tony @ Currie - Great team of guys and gals. I purchased a complete 9" for an S-10 back in the mid 1990's from Currie... it's nice being able to do business with the same company a decade later! A fly-by-night shop might be a little cheaper but Currie and their team is in it for the long haul - you get what you pay for!

Patrick Smith = Wiring - After seeing Pat's handywork on a few race cars I started asking around. Everyone said his attention to detail is borderline nuts. I'd agree. Pat has done a whole lot more than just run wire... he's fabricated everything necessary to get the truck wired that should have been done before the truck was dropped off.

Aloha

Attachments

esbyota

Reaction
Re: Anna Nicole

I'm 100 percent a toyota guy but I love these older style f-1's. looks awesome so far.

MikeAdams

Reaction

How did it get it's name? Been under the knife a few times? LOL..

jeff

Reaction

I wasn't really an Anna Nicole Smith fan until after I started the build. The name made sense to me because the real Anna was a hot lookin' big gal and this F150 is anything but small. Anna (the truck) has a wide ***, bulged front, narrow waist, and enough room to give three people a fun ride.

Aloha

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
Reaction

lets see some more pictures when you have the time. looks sweet

josh909

Reaction

Looking good Jeff!

steveG

Reaction

Let's see the beams!

Ron_Burgandy

Reaction

I think we need some side by side photos of the real Anna nicole and your anna... Just so we can agree with you

Ryno

Reaction

It's about damn time! Long time since it was sitting at the corner @ 5 points. Damn nice ride, and 4WD. What did you do for a powerplant?

therail

Reaction

I wasn't really an Anna Nicole Smith fan until after I started the build. The name made sense to me because the real Anna was a hot lookin' big gal and this F150 is anything but small. Anna (the truck) has a wide ***, bulged front, narrow waist, and enough room to give three people a fun ride.

Aloha
wow, that just made my day. HAHA.

I expect to see some honkin big head light. :D

jeff

Reaction

Ryno-

Funny you mention that... we sold the Patrol a few months back... if you cruise by you'll see the firetruck is gone too. That'll be my next project... :) The day after I brought Anna home Arrowhead received 2-3' of snow. I ended up pulling my buddy's Tacoma out of a sink hole on Old Toll... then proceded to thrash the hell out of her at the Pinnacles. A few days later it was loaded on a trailer and taken to Glamis for it's last pre-build thrash session. That's when the back end got bent behind the cab. That was not quite 2 years ago I think... Blitzkrieg started work in the middle of 2006 and it's been not quite a year to this point. Anna needs a good bath, plumbing, electrical, motor, and a prep.

The motor is a 408w... nothing too fancy. I splurged on a custom cam ground by Jay Allen. The rest is pretty much off-the-shelf stuff, except for the Canfield heads, those had some work done to them and were built (springs / valves) with the cam in mind. The goal is 425hp on low grade Pemex. It's EFI and I've got the option to load different fuel maps if I want to. I'll get it tuned with three maps, bad Pemex (I'll be importing some from TJ), regular pump 91 and for giggles some lead free 100-ish stuff.

I'm hoping to get her out in the dirt sometime in August. I'm leaving for six weeks in a few days and it's doubtful much (if anything) will get done while I'm gone. After the initial shakedown I'd like to add a steering ram and have the interior properly pimped out. Then it's off to paint for a respray of the 1993 factory Mocha Frost Metallic and Medium Mocha, aka metallic light brown and metallic dark brown.

Aloha

Attachments

CaptinCrash

Reaction

whos the dady

jeff

Reaction

All of the fabrication is courtesy of Blitzkrieg. Murphco supplied the beams and radius arms, Blitz did some clearancing and tweaking on the beams... they are a Hybrid... Murprieg....

I talked to a bunch of TTB guys and the only common failure point I could come up with was the bolt on snout... apparently the actual cast material where the snout attaches to the knuckle can crack or tear out before the snout or attachment hardware fails. I gave Nate the go ahead to draw up and build a replacement knuckle and that's what we ended up with. The first design was going to be machined from one solid chunk... we ended up with a 3 piece system. Eric machined the face and upper/lower pivots from the original drawing. Then it's jig'd and welded. The fabricated knuckle makes it much easier to attach aftermarket calipers and the steering arm ends. I've seen plenty of guys modify the cast knuckle I've never really liked the results for the effort required. It made more sense to spend a couple bucks on the machined pieces and then have it all assembled than it did to spend hours and hours in beefing up and modifying the stock piece. If the snout / hub / outer axle shaft becomes the next weak link it'll be relatively easy to upgrade just those components.

Aloha

Dezertpilot

Reaction

Nice! I love 4wd in dezert trucks....

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction

Love the truck, looks awesome