• Forum membership has its advantages....

another con

Raceprep

I have been away for a while, and just recently posted my kids bike in the classifieds and this is now the second scam email I have recieved. Look out everyone.

This message from: c.strong64@yahoo.com to ( ad # 4728 )
Dear Seller,
l am looking to buy your bike for my cousin thats why i am contacting you if the bike is still available, if yes do get get back to me with most recently taken pics of the bike,year,model specs and last asking price..while i stand by to read from you...
Thanks!!

lbcprerunner19

i just got this one

This message from: c.strong64@yahoo.com to ( ad # 21763 )
Dear Seller,
l am looking to buy your off road parts that's why i am contacting you if the off road parts is still available, if yes do get get back to me with most recently taken pics of the off road parts,year,model and last asking price..while i stand by to read from you...
Thanks!!

Slang

Just got this one, I answered the first questions to see the shady reply. See below:

Hello,

My method of payment will be by Certified Bank Check and it will surely clear fine ,Shipment is not a problem, Don't worry about the shipment Ok, I will make arrangement on the shipment.. I have a shipping company that will take care of the shipment.If you are ok with the transaction and you're honest in selling to me. Please can you send me more pictures of it?
Kindly Get Back to me Asap.......

Awaiting a Quick Respond from you.
Thank You.
Regards
Doyle....

On 12/5/10, Steve Lang <slang@tvmwd.com> wrote:
> It has been ridden, there are scratches, and normal wear. I think it
> worth closer to 800 I priced it to sell. Let me know if you would like
> to look at it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: rdc@ns1.race-dezert.net <rdc@ns1.race-dezert.net>
> Sent: Sun Dec 05 08:43:09 2010
> Subject: Hi
>
> This message from: doylef5@gmail.com to ( ad # 7227 ) Hello,
>
>
> I am highly interested in the Ad of Bike. Please i want you to get
> back to me with it's present condition and your last asking price, okay?
> Thanks.
>
>
> Doyle...

JPBart

Yeah, I got the same stuff off my truck. I replied with something like I wanted $85,000 for it even though it's advertised for $29k. Didn't phase them in the least. They are going to send me a $98,000 Cashiers Check if I will only send them my detailed financial information. My lucky day. lol