Another New Crew Chief For Robby Gordon?

AllwaysRcn

RDC Crypto
Website
www.allwaysracing.net
http://www.thenascarinsiders.com/2010/03/15/another-new-crew-chief-for-robby-gordon/

Another New Crew Chief For Robby Gordon?
Written by Journo on Mar 15th, 2010

Just less than a month after NASCAR veteran Larry Carter joined Robby Gordon Motorsports as a “consultant” we are hearing he has been named crew chief of the #7 team. Carter would take over the spot from Iain Watt who has been in the position since January.

Gordon and his team have struggled this season, averaging just a 34th place finish. On top of that they are in a precarious owner points situation. With one race to go before this season’s points take effect, Gordon sits 38th. Given his average qualifying position (38.8), without the guaranteed starting spot he runs the risk of not making races.

That struggle with performance coupled with RGM’s history of crew chief longevity (or lack thereof) make this move less than surprising.

Over the last few seasons Robby Gordon has had a staggering number of guys on top of the box. Since 2005 Doug Richert, Peter Sospenzo, Kirk Almquist, Frank Kerr, Gene Nead, Walter Giles, Bob Temple and Greg Erwin (in no particular order) have all come and gone.

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Thats all?? Seems like there were more than that....

63chevyll

RDC Crypto
Larry can bring alot to the team. he applied for another nascar job, but maybe he didnt get it.
CC'ing for robby is different than most drivers and i will leave it at that

randy s

RDC Crypto
Larry can bring alot to the team. he applied for another nascar job, but maybe he didnt get it.
CC'ing for robby is different than most drivers and i will leave it at that
let me help you out with that.....rg is a stubborn dick head to work for...his way or the hiway. all the way to 34th.....but he is consistant though. no arguing that. another point to be made is that he's not even at the top of the heap in his road race program either. alot of guys can race the road courses very well and have multi team info and race tactics. who's gonna help rg on a road course?short answer on that one. that's a surefire thread in itself come june. good luck in your new job mr. crew chief. i didn't fill in your name because you won't be there long enough for anyone to learn what it is anyway.

BoothPacific Films

RDC Crypto
Another new crew chief for Robby: hearing that Samuel Stanley is the new crew chief for #7-Robby Gordon. Ian Watts had been the crew chief, starting at the beginnining of the season. Larry Carter supposedly was a 'consultant' for a few races, but supposedly is no longer with the team. No word if Watts is still with the team.(4-8-2010) - jayski

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
I think he was an IndyCar guy to begin with so maybe he was just making time in NASCAR waiting for the next Indy opportunity... I think the car qualified and practiced better so maybe this isn't a bad thing...

racer56

RDC Crypto
Robby's qualifying run today was totaly embarrasing. It is hard to watch one of the better drivers in the U.S., struggle to make the show in a POS race car week after week.

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Yes, but wasn't Watts supposed to helping with the Monster Indycar effort? Ruh Roh Shaggy!

randy s

RDC Crypto
at rgm, a crew chief is just someone to blame for lousy outings. it only works in the view of the extremely casual observer. or a retard. even fly won't defend rg here.

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
revolving door or not, the current package got good results this week... Let's hope for it to continue!!!!

harleys dad

RDC Crypto
Robby's qualifying run today was totaly embarrasing. It is hard to watch one of the better drivers in the U.S., struggle to make the show in a POS race car week after week.
I am begining to think he may not be as good as some think! Eather he really is no good at driving a nasbore car or he and his team are unable to learn anyuhing what so ever week to week or completly forget what they learned the week before. He certainly is not racing junk in any way fashing or form. It seams nobody has any idia how to set up a car OR he cant drive Nasbore. I cant see any other way to look at it besides it being him .

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
RDC Crypto
Hell,the only thing you half to do is fill the seat up on the box and let RG yell at you. The real crew chief is in the cup car.