• Forum membership has its advantages....

Another race, another fire

vegasloki

States like NV and AZ won't see strict CARB type rules. There are some, but not like that. The population density isn't what it is in urban CA cities. We can still test with live fire as well but they switched to a sim as a money saver and convenience factor. Only two counties in NV even require smog certs. Dust is the big air quality issue here.

Bro_Gill

You guys paying attention to what happens when a Dem is in the White House? They push more and more crazy Cali regs on the rest of the states. It is common knowledge here that California wants to lead the rest of the country into EPA oblivion. While Trump may have won this time, don't count on that line of thinking forever. The younger set seems to think Gov't knows best and can take care of them better than themselves. Wish it weren't true, but thems the facts as they stand. How many counties in Nevada have smog testing now? How many of them had it 20 years ago?

ndvalium

Rescue Director
You guys paying attention to what happens when a Dem is in the White House? They push more and more crazy Cali regs on the rest of the states. It is common knowledge here that California wants to lead the rest of the country into EPA oblivion. While Trump may have won this time, don't count on that line of thinking forever. The younger set seems to think Gov't knows best and can take care of them better than themselves. Wish it weren't true, but thems the facts as they stand. How many counties in Nevada have smog testing now? How many of them had it 20 years ago?
I'm pretty sure it is the same two now that had it when I moved here in 92. Clark and Washoe.

David Nehrbass

Motorsports Safety Solutions

bobsson

I'm in California and we due quite a bit of live fire training. Our biggest limitation usually comes from the day being too hot and a risk of heat illness.

Bro_Gill

bobson- Burning natural has in a container or lighting carbon based liquids on fire in a pan? There is a difference. I worked for one of the largest fire departments in California and the united states, in fact, and getting permits to actually burn anything other than a natural gas or propane prop was nearly impossible with all the regs California has. Even burning tumble weeds is virtually impossible in the South Coast Air Quality management district. And it's spreading.

bobsson

bobson- Burning natural has in a container or lighting carbon based liquids on fire in a pan? There is a difference. I worked for one of the largest fire departments in California and the united states, in fact, and getting permits to actually burn anything other than a natural gas or propane prop was nearly impossible with all the regs California has. Even burning tumble weeds is virtually impossible in the South Coast Air Quality management district. And it's spreading.
Hydrocarbons up to diesel.