Another rans question

martininsocal

Ok, my turn. The Bronco I just bought has the a4od in it. Seemed ok on flat ground, but I live in Big Bear and drive up and down the hill a lot! I don't like the trans settings and wonder if there is a way to get 2nd to hold while climbing up hill? I can tell it will be a problem when I tow anything up the hill. I am already thinking a C4 might ne in teh future, but don't know what problems it will create for smog. What kinda help is there for the a4od?

Martin

Sites

You probably want a C6 not a C4 for a full size Bronco. I don't see any reason why it would affect smog. I have a C6 with my factory fuel injection on my 94' and it doesn't throw the check engine light. Or you can just get the e4od or aod (which ever transmission you actually have) rebuilt.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

My transmission was taking a crap in my truck same transmission and I went to brian at transwerks and the problem was in the valve body, but I wanted a c6 he said there is nothing wrong with the e4od unless your trying to race offroad he said they are strong plus you still have overdrive!, as far as you 2nd gear question just hold it in gear manually thats a steep hill at times...Mike

martininsocal

Unfortunately, I can't keep it in 2nd...my shift options are 1,D,OD...period. I am planning on a regear to 4.11's, but it sure seems like the 2nd to 3rd jump is huge as is the 3rd to od. The motor is the 302, so I figured a c4 would be an easier find.