Anti-Baja 1000 Kooks on www.bajanet.com BBS

BlueCoyote

Reaction
Re: Anti-Baja 1000 Kooks on www.bajanet.com BBS

Obviously these two have never driven through TJ or South Ensenada. And as for damage in that wash, one good rain and you will never know the race was there. (just how much oil leaked from that crane that was abandon in there..... ) And for tires/ wheels left behind, that will be gone in no time. Look for them at Coco's. And for trash - I was with some of your group and NO trash was left.
It just amazes me how someone can blame the destructoin of land on the racers.

Who are you calling Coyote ugly?
84 Toyota p/u Rokrawlr
86 4rnr
80 Toyota MDR Project

TimHayosh

Reaction

We set up between San Felipe and Puertocitos. It was a great place for a pit. The whole area was actually clean when we arrived. Shortly before nightfall, we had a visit from the Mexican equivalent to the BLM. She was taking pictures of our pit and the greneral area. We knew she'd be back after the race for the "after" photo's. We had every intention of leaving the area clean as we found it.

On raceday the were many, many locals enjoying the race and mucho cervesa. They were not nearly as concerned about their trash as we were.

Our pit area was free of debris when we left, but the locals were still partying. Who knows what it looked like after they were through. What will the pictures show? No matter what, "the racers" will be blamed.

I agree with what some of the people on the above link said about the weather. Some good rains and wind, and it's like no one was ever there.

Happy motoring, Tim

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction

I agree with them in many ways. People leave there trash and everything else all over the deserts, iv never been to san felipe so this is just based on my trips to ocotillo and glamis. A lot of the people who go to the desert, are young punk teenagers who are in it for partying...and im 16 so im not gonna say I dont party out there, but i do also do my part, and pick up whatever i leave anywhere, and i never take beer bottles out of the camp to anywhere like devils slide or comp or anything like. But also they cant say its ONLY off roaders, millitary bases used to train out there, they paved the natural roads, off roaders dont do that! In every asspect I agree with both sides, if people dont want the desert closed down any more then are, they need to have more respect.

martininsocal

Reaction

After going to the Zoo Road many times to watch, I can say it isn't the "ugly Americans" leaving the trash out there, or Pissing on peoples car tires, or busting glass bottles. They blame the offroaders, just like they do at Glamis, pismo, etc... How many of the folks are just Driving offroad to get to the party spot, and aren't offroaders? We are the ultimate scapegoat.

If your gonna go, go BIG

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction

Yeah. I just think people need to take there part, and also all the tree huggers...or actually dirt huggers would be a appropriate term, haha should understand also...I mean from what i know I dont think there going to such extreme measure about all the boats, jet skis and fisher man in the ocean?? (or are they)