Anti-Submarine strap anchor

novaman64

Reaction
Installing my 5 point harnesses in my UTV, no structure in a good spot to install the anti-submarine strap. Anybody know if tech would pass a welded tab to the seat frame for the anti-sub strap?

jon coleman

Reaction
i would pass it, main purpose of sub strap is to keep lap belt( most important) from creeping up into abdominal area, above pelvis, mine wear rapped around seat mount cross barr like shoulder belts w- D rings, no tab.past tech.ps CHECK w tech guy, nothing worse than fabbing at contingencie to pass....

novaman64

Reaction
i would pass it, main purpose of sub strap is to keep lap belt( most important) from creeping up into abdominal area, above pelvis, mine wear rapped around seat mount cross barr like shoulder belts w- D rings, no tab.past tech.ps CHECK w tech guy, nothing worse than fabbing at contingencie to pass....
Well, we will give this a whirl...
IMG_6046.jpg

jon coleman

Reaction
Another tip, dont tighten tab as so it wont ' pivot' in a crash load, belt webing will pull evenly if tab can pivot without binding, i take it seat has no hole for sub strap?, easy to modifie that dilemma, ive done it , once.looks good to tech.ive had guys say they require double up d rings / sliders ., Art said no, just laps& shoulder belts.best thing is have a race shop look at it, most will be more than happt to for the right amount of pizza& beverages;)

cjohnson

Reaction
We've recently gone through SCORE and BITD tech with a similar setup for the sub belt in a UTV. We had to add a second set of D rings to the shoulder belts.

novaman64

Reaction
We've recently gone through SCORE and BITD tech with a similar setup for the sub belt in a UTV. We had to add a second set of D rings to the shoulder belts.
Cool, sounds like I will need to pro-actively just get a second set of the d-rings then for the shoulder. I wonder if I need a set for the lap belts since they arent wrapped around the cage but bolted in....

cjohnson

Reaction
Cool, sounds like I will need to pro-actively just get a second set of the d-rings then for the shoulder. I wonder if I need a set for the lap belts since they arent wrapped around the cage but bolted in....
I can't say for the lap belts. They passed without comment so I don't remember how they are setup.

Bert is my name

Reaction
Wrapping is the safest bet . Doesn't Matter what the sanctioning bodies say. You wouldn't treat your dick that way
Wrap it up. Lol