anti theft

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
i may just be paranoid but since i have begun "building" my truck i have been thinking about the stuff i have spent my hard earned money on getting stolen. ie shocks, lights and tthings like that fenders bedsides hoods. I dont live in a place where i am worried about that but i have heard things and if that was to happen to me i would be pissed. any suggestions?

Gregg

Bonzen

Get a good alarm...it's a good deterrant. My last truck was pretty built (for 1998) and it got stolen and thrown off a 700 foot cliff.

Cops never caught the guys.

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Some one tried to steel 2 of my Hella 4000s the other week. Went outside to get something out of my truck and saw some guy running down the alley. Looked at my truck and all the wires were pulled out of the looms(sp) and cut. I've since taken the light bar off. Pretty $hitty.

Get GOOD INSURANCE, but even with that, some stuff might just barely exceed your deductable.

See ya in the dirt!

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Tack weld the bolts on the shocks to the mounting tabs ( not the nut ) nut can come off but bolt will stay. Drill and saftey wire mounting bolts, make it a pain to remove. Lock your spare. Swage (sp) a cable to your truck and your bedsides. Install a removeable steering wheel, not street legal but harder to steal a car with no wheel. Take photos. Any other ideas?

Yea, It can jump. No you cannot have a ride.

Clifford

Don't build your daily driver with accessible items. Build a removable light bar instead of a fixed mount set of lights. Unless you carry an oversize jack you won't be able to change a flat with ease. AAA with 100 mile radius towing is only 70 bucks per year. Try and keep it in the garage, if possible.

ACID_RAIN28

The BEST CAR ALARM/ ANTI-THEFT DEVICE ON THE PLANET FOR LIKE $4.00 Serious, it worked.

Get a little toggle that has a head like a bolt. Mount it somewhere near something simmilar. when the switch is off it looks like a switch, only if you look in the right spot and can tell. when it is on it looks like a ground bolt for a stereo, or just a 1/8 X 1/4 bolt coming out of the dash at the bottom. Got them in all my cars. Worked for my yota. stereo gone, ignition broken, but not beaten!

Make the switch ground out the coil. Pm me if you want some good ideas. With my yota i never had to reach down to activate it, and could get it on the way in the door so no one would ever know!

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

fishd00d

What A Joke
I tack weld all my bolts on suspension items....kinda killing 2 birds with one stone...theifs would have to grind it off and you never have to worry about the bolt falling off either lol...

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

Bonzen

Yeah, and if they grind those off, then they have to cut through the duct tape holing the resi's on......

what a joke.

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com

fishd00d

What A Joke
Thats a very good point....but sadly I actually got some resi mounts and might be putting them on before this weekend lol....

Go Big Or Go Home

fishd00d

What A Joke
Well actually my drivers side one is zip tied and the pass side is duct tape! So I got the best of both worlds...here are the pics to prove it:

Go Big Or Go Home

ACID_RAIN28

Question....what is the point of the thousand zip ties and duct tape? I know if I wanted those shocks bad enough I would already have a knife and even if i did not, anyone could make quick work of the tape and ties with as simple of a tool as a pen.

Bryan_D

Time! The more time it takes them the less chance they will take them. Unless you really want them, most people wont waste the time if they have to be there a littel while and the tape eventhough its easy to get through it still takes time.

michael_loomis

sure beats the ressies flopping around while driving ..... i hope your being sarcastic ACID RAIN :)

i think someone needs to lay off the pipe for a while.

ACID_RAIN28

To keep the "ressies" from flopping is one thing, duh how are they going to stay still......hmmmmm. You all can do what ever you want with your 1.99 bag of zipties and a roll of tape. All I was saying is that it does not take more than a SECOND or two, to get through Three or four ties, and a couple layers of "hundred mile an hour" tape and I was wondering if you all thought of that? So why Make a nice looking fab job look like junk cluttered with tape and ties, to me its not worth it.

fishd00d

What A Joke
I do not do it like that on the resi's for theft reasons...I just do it cause I am to lazy to put resi mounts on lol....Its got to live upto its name, "The Piece"

Go Big Or Go Home

NOODLE

I think zipties are great. On a side note, nice overflow reservoir fishdood.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts