Anube Stella kits for MX1K

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
I ordered my full Stella mount, cable and antenna kit from Anube in November and despite charging my credit card and confirming receipt of my order that day...nothing. I have received nothing and I have heard nothing from them. I have inquired several times on there website and received no returned email. Has anyone else experienced anything similar or more importantly does anyone have any advice?

Peter Alesi Jr.

Reaction
Just call your credit card company and tell them that the company you ordered stella from took your card but couldnt send products, and they will credit your acct. You will hear from them then....

Lord Green

Reaction
At last years NORRA, i ordered it early, but they didn't ship it for me to put on, they installed it at tech. I'd have preferred to do it myself earlier because the installation at tech was rushed.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Thanks for the info everyone. I will try and get in touch with Jorge first before going the credit card route.

toddz

Reaction
I thought there was still some discussion whether we would be using Stella this year or not?

Todd Z.

jeff

Reaction
I have a complete Stella mounting system (vehicle, not MX) from last years NORRA that I'd love to sell if you don't want to wait.

The hack job of a mount at tech caused a number of problems that required an hour or two of repair and ultimately the replacement of the tracker itself (it wasn't charging properly). I highly advise installing it yourself to ensure it's done properly and cleanly.

Aloha

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
I appreciate the offer Jeff, but based on what Todd and Tim...^^^ above said, I am not sure which tracking system is going to be used this year. Punt for now and try and get $$$ back.

PS...I emailed Jennifer at NORRA to see if I can get an answer on which system they are going to use this year.

Last edited:

jeff

Reaction
Hopefully for the sake of everyone racing the 2018 NORRA the powers that be will decide on and make the required tracking unit information public sooner rather than later.

Aloha

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Hopefully for the sake of everyone racing the 2018 NORRA the powers that be will decide on and make the required tracking unit information public sooner rather than later.

Aloha

I will say a big 'Aloha' to that!

rustyb

Reaction
PS...I emailed Jennifer at NORRA to see if I can get an answer on which system they are going to use this year.[/QUOTE]

Please let us know what she says

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
I have been trying to get my money back from Anube Sports America for my Stella kit for over two weeks now. No luck, despite multiple promises to return my money and confirmation from them that they haven't shipped the mounting/cable/antenna kit. I think these guys are...ahem 'shady' at best and I would be VERY careful if you ever have to deal with them in the future.

On a happier note, this is the answer that I received from Jenny at NORRA when I asked if they were going to use the Stella at this year's MX1K. 'At this time, we are not using Anube tracking for 2018.'

The sad thing is that after using the Stella system at the B1K this year, I was really happy with it.

jeff

Reaction
Did Jenny state which system they would be using? I know the use of the Stella system caused a TON of additional work for the NORRA crew (infractions, etc) that they were working on for weeks after the race had already ended. It would be nice to know ahead of time which, if any, system they are going to require.

Aloha

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
The extra work last year was primarily due to ill-conceived policy which resulted in hundreds of inquiry submissions, each of which needed to be investigated (with Stella data, personal interviews etc). Expect limitations on what will be allowed on an inquiry in 2018. Eliseo will cover this in the drivers meeting.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
We used the Stella at the NORRA 1000 and the Baja 1000 this year and I absolutely LOVED it. I don't know the inner workings of what NORRA and SCORE have to do with these systems but I can tell you as a racer it was user friendly and made driving a single seater a little easier as i did not have to keep looking in my mirrors for faster vehicles (especially on the days when we had a good run and faster cars had minor problems).

Personally i'd rather them just keep the same unit and work with a company for more than a year. I know money is part of the problem but having to buy a mounting kit for $175 every year for a different system gets old. Ok, I'm off my soap box, and it doesn't really mater what unit they run because i will be out there either way racing....hehe.

Zambo

Reaction
At this time, we are not using Anube tracking for 2018.
Jesus Christ! Well, one more 200 dollar "one and done" tracker mount tossed into the useless pile of crap! I have an idea....lets go with no tracker this year. Just like 1967.