• Forum membership has its advantages....

Any chance of a pre-race navigation class

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
Any chance this year of a brush up class?

scary fast hummer

Will you be using GPS or road book only? Our little single seat car is not very road book friendly. A marked course would be great.
But that takes all the fun out of it! I have done a couple of these kinds or rally races in Morocco with the big black Hummer. Especially since you are allowed a gps with a screen (we were not!) it won't be that hard. For a two(+) seater, whoever sits in the co-dawg chair has to be really on their game but it sounds harder than it is. The best piece of advice I can give: if you don't know for sure, STOP! If you keep going the wrong way, it takes the same amount of time to get back to where you last knew your location for certain. It is better to waste a few minutes idling while the navigator gets their bearings right than to keep going and have to back track.

For a single seat car, check with the bike guys and see how they do it. They are NUTZ!! Anybody who can leg it at speed and keep looking up and down from track to handle bars and not kill themselves is a true hero ;-)

best of luck to a fellow Texan!

LantanaTX

But that takes all the fun out of it! I have done a couple of these kinds or rally races in Morocco with the big black Hummer. Especially since you are allowed a gps with a screen (we were not!) it won't be that hard. For a two(+) seater, whoever sits in the co-dawg chair has to be really on their game but it sounds harder than it is. The best piece of advice I can give: if you don't know for sure, STOP! If you keep going the wrong way, it takes the same amount of time to get back to where you last knew your location for certain. It is better to waste a few minutes idling while the navigator gets their bearings right than to keep going and have to back track.

For a single seat car, check with the bike guys and see how they do it. They are NUTZ!! Anybody who can leg it at speed and keep looking up and down from track to handle bars and not kill themselves is a true hero ;-)

best of luck to a fellow Texan!
Motor cycle set ups are too tall and would have to be mounted outside on the hood. I am not worried about missing out on fun. Wrestling our old single single seat car with 8 inches of travel is all the fun we can handle. Again my preference woul be a marked course.

scary fast hummer

Well, that is the nature of rallye race. Do you have room for a 5" screen gps? That would certainly help. However you do it, best of luck to you!

Zambo

The markings will be sparse to non-existent. You need to navigate. They don't want people prerunning so they don't mark the course and they don't release the course until the day or two prior.