any good crash pics

bajakirby23

Reaction
let see and hear some good crash stories i dont have a pic but when i was 15 i started riding and i was getting ahead of myself and i hit a little hill jump and landed fine. then i decided i was going to ride over the berm and race past my dad when i went over the berm i saw a fire hidrent ( this is in temecula before they got that damn no free riding out in the winery's) with the little experiance i had on the bike i locked up the front brakes the bike hit the hidrent and i hit the dirt. dislocated my arm and broke my couler bone. wish i had a pic but here are some cool pics i bet have one hell of a story behind them.

Attachments

empire231

Reaction
dont have any pictures of the crash, but it's a good story. me and a group of friends were out at dumont around presidents day this year, 2nd big ride on my new 03 cr250, cruising around and I found this little 60ft step up/ table kind of jump;(I used to be able to hit this kinda stuff backwards on my 125) so my friend charges it and clears it, so I charge it 3rd gear pretty strong, i'm like three feet off to the side of the center of the lip, but I just give allitle more throttle thinking I'll be o.k.; landed flat at the top, bounced down the 10ft or so landing, legs up in the air, let go, bike hit the ground then I hit the bike. broke my humerus (upper arm) in 3 places and got a 2nd degree burn on my right forearm from my paddle spining on it. no health insurance at the time so my friend drove my truck back to riverside (w/ vegas traffic, it took about 5hrs or so), got my surgery in july (titanium plate and 6 screws) and till now i'm still not healed, but hopefully my next ride will be thanksgiving @ ocotillo. i'll try and post some pics of the aftermath (31 staples).

-next time, I'll hit the lip dead center!

sirhk100

Reaction
I've only got one crash pic, I'll have to scrounge it up one night and post here. It's really old and pretty comical!!! I've also got a decent video shot of me cartwheeling down the face of shell reef from the top about 8 years ago.

Best story...

Hmmm, when I was about 14 years old. My Dad, me and a friend went out to Ocotillo Wells. Me and my friend were on bikes and my dad was in his buggy. We decided to head out to shell reef and told my Dad, he said he'd be about 5 minutes behind us. So we took off over the ridge we were camped against and across holmes camp. On the ridge line west of Holmes there used to be a fun step down. probably about a 40' gap and a 15' drop in height from the take off to the landing. My friend and I started doing loops on this jump. (This is when I learned about spotters!!!) As we're doing this jump over and over, my father comes over the ridgeline across the valley. He sees us come over the hill, turn around and take off over the other side. Him not knowing we were doing loops on this jump procedes to drive up the landing and follow us. My friend takes off first. He comes down right in front of my Father who has just enough time to swerve and miss him. I'm right on my friends azz though and manage to case the buggy. I'm on a '86 TT350 (read that as a tank of a bike kinda like the -83-84 XR350!!!) I come down and case it right on the drivers side windseild tube. When I say case, I mean seriously motor tube on the bike right to the windsheild tube. I remember coming over the jump, seeing my Dad's eyes bigger then ever and his mouth drop open. I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS LOOK!!!!!! He then laid over into the passanger seat cause for once, luckily he wasn't wearing his shoulder belts and no one was with him. At this point I closed my eyes and held on. I hit the buggy and bounced over it. Some how I managed to avoid hitting any thing but the ground with my body. I tweaked my knee but was fine the next day.

Damage... Flattened left frame rail under the motor on my TT350, if you're ever looking to buy one, check to make sure it's not my old one!!! The buggy frame on the driverside top got pushed back 4". We had to hack it up and use a come-a-long and porta-power to tweak it back semi straight, then reweld it back up.

If I had been inches one way or the other it woulda been SERIOUSLY ugly I think. I don't know how we both got out of it unharmed. I think if I'd been to the left at all I woulda ended up tangled in the frame. If I'd gone right at all I think I would of ended up straddling the windsheild tube with my croch or hit the rear tire dead on which woulda sent the bars into my gut with an insane hit. I seriously still get frieghtened thinking about this accident to this day something like 12 years later. I shoulda been seriously f'ed up as well as my Dad. Somehow niether of us got hurt or killed. That's precisely when I learned to have a spotter on jumps!!!!

That's my worst accident for sure... No injury, my injuries (2 torn ACL, Meniscus, PCL) have been from one stupid small jump and one stupid huge jump. Neither are close to what this one was. I'll look for photos of this and my one in progress crash to post!!!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Was that you on that 200X? I hope you didnt get drilled too bad if it was!!! That bike is coming after whoever that is.....

bajakirby23

Reaction
no thats not me i just thought is was funny and was thinking how it happened and what happened after, but you can see that he gets screwed up when the bike hits him later on the landing.

JeffS

Reaction
Awww geeees.... I can't look.

ouch.

sirhk100

Reaction
LOL, check out the shorts... Hey Dan... Is that and "idiot on a quad"? Damn, that's funny!!! Wonder how many cocktails he had running in the system?

empire231

Reaction
here is some side-car action

a good caption for those last two would be "malfunctioning suzuki ejection seat"

Attachments

sirhk100

Reaction
Dude, that 1st one litterally had me laughing out loud. I'll try to remeber to find my one crash photo tonight to get it up online...

To post, click on the yellow "image" button below where you reply and insert the URL Address of the photo itself. Right click and hit properties to get the URL if you didn't already know...

sirhk100

Reaction
whoops, since this is a double post... Did anyone ever see that magazine that used to be out called "crash and burn"? It was photos like these but with comedy blurbs in cartoon bubbles.

sirhk100

Reaction
Yeah, same sort of thing, only there used to be an entire magazine put out by the same group dedicated to the photos...

Here's the one that always makes me laugh. This was probably about 12-13 years ago. Age 13-14...

Attachments

sirhk100

Reaction
Here's the aftermath... Jeff Ward was the man back then, hence the Pink JT leathers!!! I know I'm not the only dork that was wearing them back then!!!!

Attachments