any good crash pics

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Here's one just for the fun of it to show that you can fly those old tanks. I think that bike was in the 280lb range. 1986 TT350 air cooled 4 stroke. Yamahas version of the XR350 but with REALLY crappy suspension!!!

Attachments

• 66974-tt.jpg
    66974-tt.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 650

JeffS

RDC Crypto
Website
www.RedRockOffroad.com
Hey !! Cool Bike... I had the XT350 (street legal version of the TT). It was my daily driver from 14yrs old till I got a truck at 17. That bike tried to kill me more than once at glamis but did pretty good with a paddle. : ) . oh and if only I had pics of when I crashed it on the street... that was my fault ... showin' off for the girlees = major road rash. LOL

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Yeah, the XT was even more of a tank!!! I'm sure you can understand then how that shot is some decent air for that thing!!! That was actually a really good bike though. I destroyed it though. I did 140 mile ride and ran out of oil somewhere in the middle. When I finally topped it off it smoked worse then a 2 stroke. Had to top oil off with gas fill ups. Rebuilt it and during the reassembly I didn't get the air filter in right. Smoked it the very next ride again. My Dad was PISSED!!!! I learned my lesson. Then that's also the same bike that I landed on top of my Dad's rail with in the story earlier in this thread. Sooo, moral of the story is if you're looking at an '86 TT350, look at the frame rails under the engine and make sure the left one isn't flattened, you DON'T want my old bike!!!

bajakirby23

RDC Crypto
keep the pics coming and lets here some more stories about crashes. (KEEP THIS POST ALIVE)
grin.gif
that first pic with the dude doing the wanabe superman and the bike has already landed is great, it looks like it hurt.

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Umm had the bike land on me when I was like 8y/o. Not strong enought o move it and laid there yelling for help for like 5 minutes. Then my parents roll up in the buggy and my Dad gets out laughing to help me!!!

Riding my friends bike back when I was 16 y/o. Was used to a XR type of four stroke delivery. Hopped on his 2 stroke, hit a jump and the powerband whipped the bike right out from under me. Lawn darted into the ground and tore up my left knee.

New years weekend 00/01 doing a 4th gear tapped double, came up a foot short. Rebounded, bounced sideways and plowed into the ground when the bike hit completely sideways. Knocked myself out, tore my left knee up and felt like I'd slammed my thumb in a door when I came back to reality.

About 13-14y/o cruisin through the small dunes up in Lucern/Johnson Valley me and a friend were chasing each other. Got separated. We were the only 2 out there. Jumped over a dune and there was my friend coming up the other side. Hit head on, helmet to helmet. Probably looked pretty classic from a side view. Knocked myself silly as [I am uneducated] that time!!!

and on and on and on!!! Why do I ride again?

desertratt

RDC Crypto
Website
members7.clubphoto.com
heres an old one from a magizne and yes it was me

Attachments

• 67232-crashatsandiego.jpg
    67232-crashatsandiego.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 453

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
OK Kritter, I know yours is better, I'm surprised it hasn't been shown yet!!!

Here's the aftermath of getting in a fight with a dead bush while only wearing shoes, shorts, and a helmet cruising 2nd gear to the canal to go swimming...

Warning large photo with some gross detail of a wound... The lowest part of the gash in the wound was pretty deep and took a couple hours to stop bleeding and pretty much made a mess of stuff!!!

Attachments

• 69191-PA060022.JPG
    69191-PA060022.JPG
    719 KB · Views: 393

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
RDC Crypto
The 04 is officially broken in, shoulda taken the bad luck warning stickers off...hope my knee is good to go for 65 miler this weekend! It was a 4 stitch wound.

P1010172_JPG.jpg

P1010174_JPG.jpg

P1010145_JPG.jpg

P1010147_JPG.jpg

bajakirby23

RDC Crypto
well i started this thread think it wouldn't go anywhere but it did and thats cool. althought i never thought i would put my own crash in here but holloween weekend at ocotillo i eat it hard. went over the handle bars 3rd gear pinned and screwed both my thighs up. my friend gregg and i got an early start sat hit blow sand, then we were off to shell reef and we were running down main. we were going pretty fast throw the sand and there was this big bush in front of meso i just figured i would power up and jump it, i did it but there was a bolder just behind it and it had my name all over it . its been hard to walk on my right leg but i can get around. the funny thing is i have big brusses on my left leg and it does not hurt but my right leg is killing me and it looks fine, owell. no pictures of the crash but there was like 10 people how came to help me and they all said it was a pretty harsh crash. Damn bolders come out of now where
grin.gif

Ryno

RDC Crypto
Matt-

Thor has a set of knee guards that I love. They're not braces per se, but more for protection. A set ran me $60. The week off work due to a gash like that on my thigh, $1200. Asterisk makes a bitchin pair of braces too, the best I have had on/ seen. Ask Khris, he has a pair and swears by them.

Ryan