Any good positive storys or struggles from the 1000?

51rcr

Reaction
There has to be way more great stories from the 1000 then just Rorys. Or your struggles? videos? pictures? Spectator stories and videos? Pit stories? Seen something amazing? Not everyone is on everyones Social Media and theres lots that are not famous.
The stories of racing are the best and hearing reading about them no matter what race is great.
Our little story is in vintage section.
There used to be lots of great stuff on here all the time.

desertspeed

Reaction
I will have a full report on our race as soon as I recover from being gone from work for 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty Harry

Reaction
Bad news: Car never made it to RM 834 (where I was supposed to get in)

Good news: I broke my personal record for most consecutive meals consisting solely of tacos

Also good news: Prerunning was really fun, we camped on the beach, and the weather was perfect

IMG_7611.jpg

Kiwiflyer

Reaction
IMG_3627.JPG
Well Me and my mate from New Zealand decided to Solo the Baja 1000 in a Class 3000 truck about 2 months ago.
No experience in the Desert ......So we pre-run and just went and completed the race...... 3rd place and I was behind the wheel for over 44 hours. Now I want to solo it again and win it.... challenge not quite over. What an experience thou. Amazing crew , amazing truck (Baja Racing Adventures) and the amazing people of Mexico.
Now I am sad because I am a once again a retired racer .... until I can afford next time

Baja Dad

Reaction
View attachment 186288 Well Me and my mate from New Zealand decided to Solo the Baja 1000 in a Class 3000 truck about 2 months ago.
No experience in the Desert ......So we pre-run and just went and completed the race...... 3rd place and I was behind the wheel for over 44 hours. Now I want to solo it again and win it.... challenge not quite over. What an experience thou. Amazing crew , amazing truck (Baja Racing Adventures) and the amazing people of Mexico.
Now I am sad because I am a once again a retired racer .... until I can afford next time
SOLO??????

that means YOU (1) person in the truck NO 2nd person in the right seat...

Con grats on a great race !!!!! But that is not a SOLO!!

Kiwiflyer

Reaction
SOLO??????

Really .... well I got told different ,I thought that was Ironman ... Hmmm my bad ,I take it from your LARGE CAP LOCK that you have indeed soloed it yourself.
So what would you call it then Mr DAD ?

Last edited:

Kiwiflyer

Reaction
Badass, have you done any off road racing back home / NZ ?
Hey Bro - Yeah done some off road stuff at MereMere (short course track around the dirt track) , but mainly doing rally sprints and a lot of dirt track stuff. And drove Jet boats for 9 years. But nothing with Silt , I have learned alto about silt and will make me a way better driver for next time.

AZ7000'

Reaction
SOLO??????

Waaaaa waaaaa.... thanks for the policing on terms Debbie downer. These guys had fun, worked hard, travelled across the Pacific Ocean, and finished!!! Great job!!!

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Not belittling your accomplishment, but solo/iron man would be with no co -rider for proper reference in the future. Great job on the good finish and hope you make it back soon!

Kiwiflyer

Reaction
Not belittling your accomplishment, but solo/iron man would be with no co -rider for proper reference in the future. Great job on the good finish and hope you make it back soon!

Well in my eyes we soloed it and that’s good enough for me and I don’t really give a flying turd wether you keyboard warriors like my terminology or not. So for future reference when I drive alone I soloed. Cheers for your input

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Baja Dad

Reaction
Really .... well I got told different ,I thought that was Ironman ... Hmmm my bad ,I take it from your LARGE CAP LOCK that you have indeed soloed it yourself.
So what would you call it then Mr DAD ?

No I have Not soloed the Baja 1000
But I have won a few in the past

I would call it : a guy who did a great job behind the wheel
but not a SOLO= 1 not 2

Last edited:

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Professional big wave surfer Laird Hamilton was the sole co-dog (meat-in-the-seat) iron man for the normally aspirated UTV effort of team #1970. This is what he looked like at the finish line. Great job on the finish.
Laird.jpg

Kiwiflyer

Reaction
Just trying to help them out

Well it looks like I have wasted all of my money and failed our mission on a technicality , our intent was to Solo drive and solo co drive ,Sad!, so if anyone out there is keen to sponsor me to proper solo the 1000 next year I would appreciate it, Baja Dad I would expect you to be first to support this campaign since you never have spent 45 hours behind the wheel especially on your first attempt, so technically I am 100 percent more experienced at this than you !. If you could provide a truck or support or any financial assistance to correct our error I would be more than gracious !

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
This could have been a pretty good thread...way to completely fk it up

Congrats in the SOLO finish

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk