• Forum membership has its advantages....

Any ideas on how to get into the Sport of Racing?

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I am really getting into broading after i got my truck and its coming along slowly but hey its all money, thanks again to H&M with out them i would have the most disco truck in the world but back to the question i am looking to get started into racing I am 17 and my F-150 should be Racable in a couple years new upper lowers double bypass and coilover should be getting 18-19 inches of travel and rear will be linked with similar setup, rear end will be a 9 inch built with 4:88 and a spool with 35 spline axles transmission will be a C-6 with a slip yolk drive shaft as for the powerplant i am runing a 4.6 in which i am going to get new heads pistons cam and crank and valves should be pushing 400 with a turbo or supercharger. Looking to race in the MDR class 13 or 14 not too sure which is the street legal class but is there another class i would stand a chance in if not i can froget all the engine work any help would be appricated and are there any races coming up near San Diego being 17 i cant venture into mexico and my parents are all racing nazis. I would like to but hey I failed spelling happens i guess so any help will be appricated and i look forward to your replies

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
Dan

John Bitting

Administrator
You can race street legal 1400 class in MDR, no other class allows superchargers. If you link it you would have to run class 8 if you dont notch or modify the frame and nothing street legal will keep up with the fast class 8 guys(jones, ex collins, etc) unless you spend 100k+ Like the Herbst or Mark Newhan.. Have fun with it learn to drive it real good, play around in 1400 if you want, if you are serious about racing, buy a race truck. That is the best way to do it.. my 2cents.

mgobaja

I would forgo getting the Turbo or Supercharger as they will either not allow you to race or all they will do is provide more potential problems( you ideally want to minimize those ). The benefits do not out weigh the problems. For starters you will be forcefeeding the engine dirt and dust.

scott

Normally sanctioning bodies will not allow superchargers or turbo's... Normally it would have to be normally aspirated motor--either fuel injected or carb'ed...... Drop in a big V8

rdc

I agree stay as far away from a turbo charger as possible and try to stay into a very limited class until you get another daily driver. Trust me i used to race my toyota in class 7s and drive it home but when i blew the motor up i had to find other ways to work.

rdc

thanks again for all the info. stopped looking at turbos and what not didnt think of it like that.. any opinons on a 351W or a 351C or even a 460 stroker to dump in later not sure i lie the windsors for the weight reason i hate dicking with the computor crap cause i am clueless about that so i want something retro
thanks
dan