Any ideas?

toolex

Reaction
My 91' toyota rubs in the back with 28" tires on stock springs. I added add-a-leafs in the rear, I'm only running a cheap fabtech kit with the torsions cranked all the way, and my rear end sits higher than the front. I'm out of money and was wondering if anyone on the board would know what to use to pull my bedsides by myself. that way i could get rid of the add-a-leafs and drop my rear a bit. i was thinking maybe a 2x4?
any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thx.

cleartoy

Reaction
First, disconnect all the braces that attatch the outter bed wall to the inner bed wall. Once you do this, the bedside will be easy to move. Stick a bottle jack in there with a piece of wood, probably 2x4 and have a go with it. Just do it in stages in different areas so you dont crease or kink the sheet metal.

toolex

Reaction
One more thing, how should i go about making supports for the fender after it is pulled out? thx.

Tyson

Reaction
on a toyota after you unbolt the upside down "L" bracket (that holds the outer fender to the inner) then use the jack to flare then fender out. (Ive found 3 to 4 inches to be the max before you get ugly denting) then if you look at the "l" bracket there is another hole that you can stick the bolt through and bolt it back into where it was before.

I like to think that Toyota knew we'd be flaring out the bedsides and left us this 1.5" ""special" mounting spot so we could do so. lol