Any Info on Modern Motors Team??

Marty Fiolka

RDC Crypto
Doing a little research on the old Modern Motors "Superteam" of the 1970s....and have hit some dead ends. Anybody out there have a contact or information that would help me?

Thanks,
Marty Fiolka

OldStroppeTeam

RDC Crypto
Modern Motors was a Cadillac dealer in Pasadena (?) I think. I went to the race shop once,but dang that was a LOOONG time ago !

Rory

Crayola Killer
RDC Crypto
Website
www.racers-only.com
You mean THIS car?????????

ivanbuggy.jpg

harleys dad

RDC Crypto
I think the owners name was Paul but cant remember his last name. First class team in its day

loufish

RDC Crypto
Modern Motors was a Cadillac dealer in Pasadena (?)

Modern Motors Cadillac was in Glendale on Brand Blvd....The race shop was off of Doran St next to the 134 San Fernando off ramp...

I lived in Glendale around that time and loved the idea there was a top notch race team in our backyard...

There was a big bald guy there, Guy or Gary Jones if I remember correctly....We were just race crazed teenagers and he put up with all our questions...:)

ModMoters

RDC Crypto
I have some info . Owner was Paul Speights .

Doing a little research on the old Modern Motors "Superteam" of the 1970s....and have hit some dead ends. Anybody out there have a contact or information that would help me?

Thanks,
Marty Fiolka

FABRICATOR

RDC Crypto

bermuda

RDC Crypto
There was a big bald guy there, Guy or Gary Jones if I remember correctly....We were just race crazed teenagers and he put up with all our questions...:)

Guy Jones was the guy. I worked at Modern Motors from 1978-81, and he was often at the dealership. He had a very cool suped-up p/u truck that I remember had racing seats, which I thought was pretty cool. I got to drive it a few times, and it had a powerful, tight feel. Great truck, I wonder where it - and Guy - are?

I believe Lee Speights started the company around 1929, and he was still there when I worked there. His (adopted) son Paul was gradually taking over the day-to-day, and at some point became the boss. I kind of recall that Lee passed away around 1980. Not sure, it's been a few years.

Really enjoyed my time there, I worked in 'parts' but was also chasing a career in music, and soon got what I wished for. I remember several names from there, but no luck tracking anyone down so long after the fact.

Jon Schwartz