Any Info on Modern Motors Team??

Guyallstonjones

RDC Crypto
Guy Jones was the guy. I worked at Modern Motors from 1978-81, and he was often at the dealership. He had a very cool suped-up p/u truck that I remember had racing seats, which I thought was pretty cool. I got to drive it a few times, and it had a powerful, tight feel. Great truck, I wonder where it - and Guy - are?

I believe Lee Speights started the company around 1929, and he was still there when I worked there. His (adopted) son Paul was gradually taking over the day-to-day, and at some point became the boss. I kind of recall that Lee passed away around 1980. Not sure, it's been a few years.

Really enjoyed my time there, I worked in 'parts' but was also chasing a career in music, and soon got what I wished for. I remember several names from there, but no luck tracking anyone down so long after the fact.

Jon Schwartz
I just came across this blog and saw you guys talking about modern motor believe it or not guy jones from modern Motors is my grandpa my dad named me after him I wasn’t around for his racing career but I’ve heard all the great stories.

loufish

RDC Crypto
I just came across this blog and saw you guys talking about modern motor believe it or not guy jones from modern Motors is my grandpa my dad named me after him I wasn’t around for his racing career but I’ve heard all the great stories.

I find that cool....Let him know we were thinking of him...

Rory

Crayola Killer
RDC Crypto
Website
www.racers-only.com
ivanbuggy.jpg