Any info on this car? It's whereabouts, drivers, results, etc?

Rory

Crayola Killer
Pretty sure that was owned by Art Peterson. That car was also featured in hot VW's in the late 80's, possibly 1988. Not sure of the chassis but I think it was an ORC chassis. At one point I think Art split the driving with Roger Mears Jr and won the Baja 1000........I think. Whats the story, did you find it and now restoring it?

ExtremeBean

Yes, I think it was owned by Art Peterson. And it did win Baja in I want to say 87. It was featured in Hot VWs in Dec 88. The car has some history with my family (who shall remain nameless at this point), but it was co-driven by a Mears, Flynn, Goldbaum, and Sherman. I'd really like to find some info on the co-drivers, results, and if the car is still around. I would love to buy it and restore it, and maybe race it in a vintage class. (Let's just say it was brought to my show and tell at school when I was about in third grade and I was the coolest kid in school :) I always get reminiscent this time of year haha

Bro_Gill

Yes, Art Peterson's ORC chassis built by Dave Snoddy. Yes, <ears raced with him at the 1000. Then either it or its sister car were run by the Reams out of San Diego and then I think one of the cars became the Tazmanian Devil car with 7/11 sponsorship at the Fud races. Long time ago.

La Tijereta

Roger Jr drove the car in 86' for the Baja 1000 win with Art Peterson.. Down in La Paz they celebrated around the pool at the Grand Baja after the awards.. (before someone got thrown in the pool).. Roger Mears also got the victory on class 7..

1986.Baja 1000.Jr.Mears.21x.jpg

harleys dad

That is the car that rolled into my 51600 at Parker after I had rolled and Art poped out like a cork and nearly hung himself with the parker pumper hose and nearly broke his neck the year it snowed so bad

Yes, Art Peterson's ORC chassis built by Dave Snoddy. Yes, <ears raced with him at the 1000. Then either it or its sister car were run by the Reams out of San Diego and then I think one of the cars became the Tazmanian Devil car with 7/11 sponsorship at the Fud races. Long time ago.
Art Peterson's car was the sister car to the car Reams raced. Before Reams it belong to Bob Scott

ExtremeBean

Car was pretty bad ass for 20 years ago though, huh? No one knows where the car is now? Are any of the drivers still around? Harleys dad seems to have been around and know the most.

Car was pretty bad ass for 20 years ago though, huh? No one knows where the car is now? Are any of the drivers still around? Harleys dad seems to have been around and know the most.

Yes, Art Peterson is still around as well as Bob Scott, Dave Parsons and myself. As for the car harleys dad is talking about. It is the white one in the pic above and I was driving it.

MARXICO

Art, Richard Goldbalm and Roger Mears Jr. Won the 1000 to LaPaz in 1986, Dave Parsons and Art at that Time were Trick Trailing arms they built my 9 car using Curnnuts it was the sister car to the one in the photo . Art started racing class 8 with Beny Canila on 1990and raced for some time .

Art bought one of the first craftsman series trucks and Stan Fox drove it , later that truck went to the dirt series where Art won the ChampTruck series and two other Dirt late model championships Five years ago he started racing class 8 again with Beny , at 79 years old Beny l passed on Art closed that chapter a couple of weeks ago winning the CODE Class 8 Championship in Benys name and retiring his number .Almost 30 years later Art is still a Class act. Dave Parsons is still fabricating anything off road and now the guy if you need anything Currnutt

Art, Richard Goldbalm and Roger Mears Jr. Won the 1000 to LaPaz in 1986, Dave Parsons and Art at that Time were Trick Trailing arms they built my 9 car using Curnnuts it was the sister car to the one in the photo . Art started racing class 8 with Beny Canila on 1990and raced for some time .

Art bought one of the first craftsman series trucks and Stan Fox drove it , later that truck went to the dirt series where Art won the ChampTruck series and two other Dirt late model championships Five years ago he started racing class 8 again with Beny , at 79 years old Beny l passed on Art closed that chapter a couple of weeks ago winning the CODE Class 8 Championship in Benys name and retiring his number .Almost 30 years later Art is still a Class act. Dave Parsons is still fabricating anything off road and now the guy if you need anything Currnutt
Hi, don't know where you get your info but it's not exactly correct. Art and Dave were not Trick Trailing Arms in 1986 I sold it in 1987 and then they bought it from the guy I sold too and Arts car was built by ORC

MARXICO

I get my info direct from Art and Dave , Fact Art won the 1000 on 1986. I met Dave in 88 I have been racing with Art since 88 , you are right about the white car being a ORC but soon after Dave made Arts next car like that but no one else could fit in it .To this day Dave stills Fabs and preps my CL 1 car, it lives at Dave's shop . Dave no longer fly's the trick logo as another partner ran that business sideways and Dave now wants no affiliation to the name
Art met his wife and won the 1000 in 86 that is why he used that number in circle track racing

Last edited:

Bro_Gill

Marxico- ORC chassis IS ORC Chassis. He knows what he is talking about. And he works close to you. You guys should have a beer.

MARXICO

I am not arguing that the white chassis is a ORC.I do remember Art and Dave making arms for German Auto around 87 and at that time they were making chassis, I bought one.I am pretty sure about the time line but not going to split hairs. Dave if you are ever in the CV give me a call and we will have a Beer .760-902 MARK

Pauly 303

I'm gonna try not to look like fool here, but I am pretty sure the car in the first pic is the car Matt Gumz was racing. The only reason I'm saying so is because he told me it was when I met him at a CORR race back in 07 and we were pitted next to each other. Maybe someone can dig up a picture of the Gumz car to make a comparison.