Any new class 3000 cars or trucks in the works

fusionoffroad

Reaction
We are currently building the new C1 Lite to race and am thinking about running a truck body on it. what else is being built for the new class 3000 out there.c1lite001.jpg

c1lite004.jpg

c1lite005.jpg

fullthrottle

Reaction
Brian, if you want to go with the truck body I had Trailer Products make a mold of my modified 7 open hood!

bajatex

Reaction
I have a car in the works. I am building the arms now and will start on the chassis in a month or so.

bajatex

diirk

Reaction
I believe that Predator will have a new 3000 car out in a few months. Rear engine with Mendi....

zjohnson

Reaction
I'm putting a truck body on my vehicle once the roof is back on . . . Just looks so much cooler. Need to find something original, some prolite . .

DesertGuy1

Reaction
Speaking of using a truck body on a buggy... I have seen this one offered by Trailer Products:

Does anyone know which body this one is....

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Personally I like buggy. Lighter no matter how you look at it.. and that alone is a big part of this class.

fullthrottle

Reaction
Speaking of using a truck body on a buggy... I have seen this one offered by Trailer Products:

Does anyone know which body this one is....

The top one is a 7 unlimited and the one I have on my Buck except I shortened the hood and added some vents and detail. I have the mold for this body that fits Class 3000 buggy wheelbases.:D

LENNY

Reaction
What the deal on this class Eco tech and every thing else is open.So a 97 single seat class 1 car with a Eco motor is legal.

Fourstroker

Reaction
What the deal on this class Eco tech and every thing else is open.So a 97 single seat class 1 car with a Eco motor is legal.
Not quite

Class 3000 is Ecotec motor - 2 Seats
Live axle 111" WB
Transaxle 103" WB

That's it

SCORE's rules are different and match none of the other promoters rules

fusionoffroad

Reaction
here are some more pics of our new C1 Lite im getting excited. what else is out there being built. the class is growing posativly and looks like fun season coming upC1chassis 016.jpg

C1chassis 021.jpg
more pics tomorrow

fullthrottle

Reaction
What tubing diam. are you going with and is it going to be a chrome moly chassis?

mitch mathers

Reaction
Not quite

Class 3000 is Ecotec motor - 2 Seats
Live axle 111" WB
Transaxle 103" WB

That's it

SCORE's rules are different and match none of the other promoters rules
In this Class 3000, you can run either the 2.2 or the 2.4 ??? How is this class going to be fair with 70-80 hp difference when I hear some of the 2.4's are close to 300 H.P. ?

fullthrottle

Reaction
The 2.4L's are not much more horsepower and are stock motors sealed by Turnkey also. Not sure where you are getting the 300 hp figure from since the 2.4L in stock form is around 160 hp in a cobalt, HHR or Solstice. If you know where to get a stock 2.4L that is putting out 300 hp please share.:D

The other difference is the trucks have a 8" wheelbase advantage.

JMS

Reaction
I think the 2.4's have about 20-30 HP but about 40-50 torque (the torque is the big advantage here) more than a 2.2 give or take a few, between that and a manual over an automatic, there is a huge advantage to a 2.4/manual vs. a 2.2/A/T especially if you are talking about it in a much lighter buggy

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
What's the ratio of cars to trucks(not bodied 103's) being built? What do the non-TL trucks plan to run for transmissions?