Any news on the Oregon desert race?

Lance

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wix.com
Just wondering whats going on with that, and if there are enough people that would like to get some sort of series figured out?

Advertising supports this site

tofarnorth

RDC Crypto
there is allot of dez in eastern wa what is going on with goldendale?

Choptechfab

RDC Crypto
yes I have been wondering the same... seems like its getting a little late in the game to get much planned... sure would be cool though

bajascott1

RDC Crypto
well, we have been waiting for word from the BLM, we are going to be heading over in the next week to meet with them.
i have been in contact with a few people over on that side of the state about this that are players with the local government and law enforcement.they are looking forward to having some traffic throught the area for sure. with the resource studies that have been going on nationwide the Blm has been busy with government priorities and our proccess has been slowed down a bit but it is still moving forward. just a little slower than antisapated. there will be more news available in the next few weeks.
it is getting old i know,but we are doing the best we can do to keep the proccess rolling forward.
i have become an "aw crap not that guy again!" type of person with the local office there.we have a very positive relationship forming with the blm staff that is working on this and expect to have some straight answers for everyone very soon.so stay tuned and sorry for the delay in updating you all.

bajascott1

RDC Crypto
with my "official" hat turned backwards........C'MON I WANNA GO RACING!!!!!!!

Choptechfab

RDC Crypto
Yeah, we need a steady race series up here even if its 3 races it would be nice
agreed! the races up in WA are cool but it would be much better to have a series in the Millican area...

well, we have been waiting for word from the BLM, we are going to be heading over in the next week to meet with them.
i have been in contact with a few people over on that side of the state about this that are players with the local government and law enforcement.they are looking forward to having some traffic throught the area for sure. with the resource studies that have been going on nationwide the Blm has been busy with government priorities and our proccess has been slowed down a bit but it is still moving forward. just a little slower than antisapated. there will be more news available in the next few weeks.
it is getting old i know,but we are doing the best we can do to keep the proccess rolling forward.
i have become an "aw crap not that guy again!" type of person with the local office there.we have a very positive relationship forming with the blm staff that is working on this and expect to have some straight answers for everyone very soon.so stay tuned and sorry for the delay in updating you all.

sounds good man keep us updated! lookin forward to racing!

Gage Werke Composites

RDC Crypto
Website
www.9one8racing.com
Well here we go again. Letter that is posted on our website and was sent out to the CODRA information mail list:

Dear fellow race enthusiasts,
We are still in the process of obtaining a special recreation permit for the off road race
in Paisley. Where we stand at this time we feel that we are approximately 40% toward getting the
race permit approved. We have recently received communication from BLM about the
progress of our race permit.
BLM is currently working on the court ordered Lakeview RMP Amendment. This is a
multi-million dollar amendment to the Lakeview Resource Management Plan
that has time lines associated with it that must be followed. In order to complete the RMP
amendment, BLM needs to have a wilderness inventory update completed for the entire
Resource Area. This is the largest landholding in the state of Oregon that BLM has. Even
though the wilderness update is complete for the proposed CODRA race area, there are
still a lot of areas left to be completed before the RMP Amendment can proceed and these
are taking much longer than anticipated. BLM is still also in the process of completing
the Environmental Assessment, and Wilderness Inventory for the entire Lakeview
District. The date of completion of this task is not known at this time.
Unfortunately our race project is not the only project proponent that is going on this
time. BLM has had difficulty getting through other proposals because of higher priorities
and workload as well. They will get to the CODRA race EA and finish it as soon as they
can. We don’t have any time lines at this point. We expect that there will be breaks in-
between working on the RMP amendment where BLM can work on the CODRA project.
Also, since the Cal 200 incident BLM has additional concerns related to this incident that
will need to be addressed. We have these issues covered!

So what does all this mean? Well, in short at this time we at CODRA have decided
that it is in the best interest of all parties to postpone the Paisley 400 race until 2012.
This will give BLM and CODRA the time to have all that is needed to be completed for
an event such as this magnitude. We really regret having to do this, yet again, however
there is still too much unknown about the status of obtaining the race permit to keep the
date for this year. We feel that it is in everyone’s best interest to postpone the race one
more year. This will ensure that all is prepared properly on BLM’s end and give us the
adequate time to complete our logistics and planning to put on a successful event for you
and all interested parties.
We will continue with this process until we have our race permits in hand. Then we
will celebrate with you all in having the best Desert Race Oregon has ever known.
We thank you for your continued support in this process. We will supply updates on Race
Dezert forums and via email as we know more. If you have any questions or concerns
please feel free to contact us via email or by phone. codraracing@gmail.com. Phone:
541-543-8876.
Sincerely:
CODRA
Jared Ford, Kevin Hescock

Tough news, I know. It's even tougher for me to be writing this. As tough as it is, I continue to think about the school and people in Paisley that need the economic stimulus that an event like this will bring. We will succeed and we will have this race, I just hope it's in time for the Paisley School.

Lance

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wix.com
Sorry to hear that, hopefully everyrhing gets squared away for 2012...im mew to the NW is there no other places around where we can orginize an event?

bajascott1

RDC Crypto
goldnedale has a nice venue,and http://www.supertoysadventures.com/ is working a series that resembles what ASCC is doing in arizona
we will be out doing things in the paisley area in the months to come.i know that for me,my bronco has been couped up in the driveway waiting to reak havock in the desert.

turborace

RDC Crypto
Hi everyone
This is Dave at metalwerkscustom.com up here in redmond oregon .Wehave been working with super toys adventures on getting the short couse series up and going i think this will work out good for us all .there should be a vid up soon on both our website so we will keep everyone up to date.I know some of the companys that work in the paisley area so I will see what I can do to help....

Gage Werke Composites

RDC Crypto
Website
www.9one8racing.com
Hey Dave, thanks for the offer to help. Paisley was devistated that the race didn't happen last year and they are going to be even more upset that it's not going to happen again this year. I'm excited to see some short course stuff happen here in Oregon and if there's anything that CODRA can do to help just let me know. We plan on going out to Paisley for some more prerunning in March. It would be great if you and or Randy could come out. Would be cool to see Randy's truck up close too. Congrat's on getting it into the MIM in Dirt Sports. Damn fine truck.

Choptechfab

RDC Crypto
any trips planned out to paisley? it would be cool to get a group of us to go down sometime and run some of the course... let me know if anyone is planning a trip out.

Gage Werke Composites

RDC Crypto
Website
www.9one8racing.com
For all future comunications regarding this race please PM me directly. If you are interested in getting together in Paisely or you just want to know how things are going with the process just PM me. Once we have a permit in hand and the race is a 100% go then we will contact everyone and make things very public, here on race dezert and through other lines of communication. I have found out from a "friend" that works for the Oregon Natural Desert Association that all communications that we post on public forums are being watched very closely (no surprise huh?). Thanks for everyone's support, Paisley really needs it.

kr3wtastick

RDC Crypto
Russ walkup is starting three dirt sport races in redmond one of them is shortcourse racing we need all the rigs we can get out there you can email me to get info or you can go to supertoysadventures.com thanks guys.

binderbound

RDC Crypto
Russ walkup is starting three dirt sport races in redmond one of them is shortcourse racing we need all the rigs we can get out there you can email me to get info or you can go to supertoysadventures.com thanks guys.

I'll be there to spectate for sure! Love to help out if you guys need anything, shoot me a PM!