any old 3 wheeler pictures racing SCORE ???

BSchlimme

Reaction
Since this thread has seemed to deviate from the "racing SCORE" element I'll throw in one....

This shot was taken at Loretta Lynn's Dude Ranch in Tennessee sometime around 1986 I believe.

Was the year Marty Hart DESTROYED the entire 250cc pro field by such a margin it looked like he was racing with the amateur class!!!

I've got a ton of short course photos and some ADRA desert races on 3-wheelers but only quad for SCORE.

Man this thread brought back memories!!!

Attachments

• Loretta Lynns-1986.jpg
    Loretta Lynns-1986.jpg
    918 KB · Views: 967

eastcounty61

Reaction
Website
www.youtube.com
according to this guy they arent extinct.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moyEz2LfLd4"]YouTube - crazy atv[/ame]

i love the line about his buddy having a problem with a four wheeler and he goes "yea you need to lose a wheel"

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Website
www.socalmotocross.com
If I am not mistaken, the last SCORE Champion on an Open ATC was Ronny Wilson and Brett King. Think it was 1988 or 1989. I am away from my archives, or I would have some photos to share.
They stopped allowing ATC`s for the 88 season(even though Sal assued they woulld let us race in 88 on a ATC). About a month before the PArker 400 in 88, we were told we couldnt race the 3 wheeler. Spent all that money prepping the bike! Ended up buying to new Honda 4Ttrax for the race. We won the open ATC in 86 with the Mancha team. I think Ronnie won it in 87.

LMAO, that guy in the video drank one too many Rockstars!!!

desertratt

Reaction
Website
members7.clubphoto.com
Did you race Brett Driscoll??

he was at a couple events i did. so i guess the answer would be yes. lol! oh this is so long ago. i cant remember much. i would have to out to my parents house and look in the garage at the pictures on the walls.

SimonSays

Reaction
Website
www.Thefactoryracing.com

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Website
www.upr.com
Since this thread has seemed to deviate from the "racing SCORE" element I'll throw in one....

This shot was taken at Loretta Lynn's Dude Ranch in Tennessee sometime around 1986 I believe.

Was the year Marty Hart DESTROYED the entire 250cc pro field by such a margin it looked like he was racing with the amateur class!!!

I've got a ton of short course photos and some ADRA desert races on 3-wheelers but only quad for SCORE.

Man this thread brought back memories!!!

Let's see some ADRA pics Ben, throw in one of your old xmass cards while your at it!

ACME

Reaction
Some of the 3 wheeler racers I remember from the good old days, a bunch made it into cars:

Fred Wing, Charlie Lampson, Steve Wright, Tracy Dickson, Dean Sundahl, Waxeldorfer, Brett/Ronny, Paul Keller, Jim Covey, Mike Hector, Steve Melton, Craig Corda, Dana Nordin, Steve Campbell, John Knudsen, Bernie Carr, Hanberg, Denny Wolf... The days when the 250R, Tri Z and Tecate ruled the 3 wheeler world and B to V was the "Bike" race you had to do. To race an "ATC" in the dez at a decent speed you had to be a good technical rider, Quads made it so anyone with balls could go fast.

DuaneH

Reaction
Couple local names (D-38) and SCORE: Steve Fenton, Lance Schoonmaker, Won Baja 500, 1000, B2V, Sean Finley raced short track and desert, Dusty Burwell, Brett Driscoll, Keith Callen,

BSchlimme

Reaction
Let's see some ADRA pics Ben, throw in one of your old xmass cards while your at it!

Jeff - What you didn't keep any of those "holiday cards"[PC]!!! I was sure you would have those on your wall!! Good reason to take you off the list!!!:D

ADRA shot from '83. How fun was it to have a plastic gas tank mounted off the front forks with a cap that liked to spew fuel in your face!!!

These were the only ones I had at a arms reach. I'll have to go digging now. Have some cool shots on the 3 wheelers out riding at the Marana "track" and in the wash off Swann - maybe Rillito?

Attachments

• Holiday Card 1994.JPG
    Holiday Card 1994.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 661
  • S2RP-1983.JPG
    S2RP-1983.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 585

josh909

Reaction
This thread makes me happy that I still have my 350X!

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
Reaction
I remember watching Sundahl down at South Bay Speedway 117 on the short track take everybody on the outside in the first turn,,, passed them all. Then go watch Baja and see him with a huge lead by Ojos. Didn't he blow a motor one time at Ojos and the got another, dropped it in and he went on to kick some but? O-well good times and stories. Used to live by him in Spring Valley right by Mount Miguel HS.:rolleyes:

DezRacer25

Reaction
Website
www.DezRacer.com
Some of the 3 wheeler racers I remember from the good old days, a bunch made it into cars:

Fred Wing, Charlie Lampson, Steve Wright, Tracy Dickson, Dean Sundahl, Waxeldorfer, Brett/Ronny, Paul Keller, Jim Covey, Mike Hector, Steve Melton, Craig Corda, Dana Nordin, Steve Campbell, John Knudsen, Bernie Carr, Hanberg, Denny Wolf... The days when the 250R, Tri Z and Tecate ruled the 3 wheeler world and B to V was the "Bike" race you had to do. To race an "ATC" in the dez at a decent speed you had to be a good technical rider, Quads made it so anyone with balls could go fast.

WOW those names bring back memories. Raced against most of them between SCORE ADRA Dist37 and Dist 38 even Baja Promotions anyone remember those?
Barstow 2 Vegas was the funest too bad Cali had such bad polititions as Cranston, Feinstein, and Boxer. Ended up getting arrested over that whole deal.
I think everyone who wants to ride a quad should start on a 3 wheeler... The skills needed make you twice as good on a quad except that extra tire always gets in the way.
I have lots of pics but in storage at the moment.
That pic to the left is my old 84 that finished the Baja 1000 first time out what a piece of cake (right) only took 5 years to finish it again...Still take my 86 Honda ATC out several times a year for S&G...
We thought we were pretty cool beating all the trucks and most of the buggies with a $2500 ATC... FUN GOOD OL DAYS!

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Website
www.upr.com
Jeff - What you didn't keep any of those "holiday cards"[PC]!!! I was sure you would have those on your wall!! Good reason to take you off the list!!!:D

ADRA shot from '83. How fun was it to have a plastic gas tank mounted off the front forks with a cap that liked to spew fuel in your face!!!

These were the only ones I had at a arms reach. I'll have to go digging now. Have some cool shots on the 3 wheelers out riding at the Marana "track" and in the wash off Swann - maybe Rillito?

Keep me off the list dude, I was never down with pink gear!

Here's some pics of my 88 and 89 Fourtrax's that I sold in the past couple of years to make room for more stuff I don't have time to ride. They were totally stock down to the original tires and pipes.

Attachments

• 88 57.jpg
    88 57.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 414
  • 89 57.jpg
    89 57.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 418