Any place for a day ride between Yucaipa and Ramona?

Dave In Florida

Reaction
A friend and I are flying out to LA monday morning to buy a desert play car. We're from Florida, so we'd love to do a day ride while we're out there. The current owner of the car usually rides Dove Springs, but my friend wants to go to BFD down in Ramona to talk to them about building a car. Due to some scheduling limitations, we'd like to incorporate a day ride into our BFD trip.

Is there any decent place for a day ride between Yucaipa (where the car is located) and Ramona? The car won't have paddles, so desert would be preferred.

TIA

Reaction
No, not really. RivCo tends to frown on ohv use, even on one's own private land.

But you could make a detour east to Ocotillo Wells State OHV Area:

Google Maps

Dave In Florida

Reaction
OK thanks. Ocotillo doesn't look too far out of the way, but I'm not sure the current owner of the buggy has ridden there. Is it pretty easy to figure out where to go or is an experienced guide needed?

Josh 8

Reaction
Ocotillo is probably best.

But.... the Beaumont badlands is bike heaven. Huge single track and hill climbs. But for you there are lots of fire roads to run around on. And some place to get a buggy up to speed. All hard pack.

If you want to know how to get in there and park where you probably won’t get bothered, pm me. I don’t want to post that on open forum.

Reaction
Ocotillo easy to navigate and negotiate, just don't stop in the softest spots. Usually fairly empty midweek. Have fun!

jon coleman

Reaction
and the weather looks perfect for this time of the year, hmmmm what Am i gonna do next weekend???...