Reaction
If anyone has any results from the kartech 400
I would geatly appriciate it, I got hung up with work this weekend &
could not make it out there.

Wayne

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Dont have results persay, but it was very hot and very very dusty out there today. We were at S/F and then the wall. The wall claimed the new owner or the driver of Cindy Grienke's 1600 car, Dan Vance got the highest off the wall, Did not see him for a 3rd lap, I left early. A yellow class one the was first off the line was leading after 4 laps followed close by Feldcamp and TCS, but TCS looked to be having problems.. Shane Brown was running real strong along with Whit Courtney, Fastest car through the wall section was Tom Jandt, He was hauling some serious butt and the beam car was working good. Rick Ellison also looked good out there. Scott Spindola in 1400 fell victim to a trailer too close to the course at mile 18 on lap one leaving him with a DNF and a heavy repair bill, front was seriously messed up.. Brad Inch was hauling lap one and then no more after that, saw the car on the trailer. Tim Lindsay was looking real good along with the white 5-1600 with red lettering forgot name sorry. Seeley had problems Jet Car running real good along with Guy Petersen. Never saw Hines 5 open come through. Carolyn looked good in 1400, there was a red Jeep for Jeepspeed, I was told it was billy bunch was moving along pretty good. All in all a lot of attrition.... Sorry if I left people out or messed up. Trying to go off memory.. Oh yeah Aj and Jesse debuted there new 7s that was finished at 3:00am last night and it was still going when I left some new car gremlins but looked really nice.. One striped red and white class 11 passed the wall about 4.5 hours into the race..

Also either Harley or Kory in the new a-arm car looked real good too... Sorry I knew I forgot a bunch of stuff. Jen help me out here..
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by John_Bitting on 06/23/01 07:27 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Outhouseracing

Reaction
Kartek 400 CLASS 9 1st. Dan Folts 2nd. Dan owen/joel Mohr
5/1600 1st Curt Geer
Unlimited Kevin ohstead?? Not sure on the spelling and also Overall
class 10 Rick ellison 2nd Richard beck in the beam car
Class 1115 car was hit really bad by a nine car but was still racing
Good weather extreamly dusty first few morning hours and then windy in afternoon
A super fast course! Temp. was in the lower 90's
All in all a great weekend with alot of cars!!

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
What an exciting race today...too much excitement if you ask me! There was a lot of good action at "The Wall," but I only saw part of it. Shortly after I got there I heard that Dale Hines had rolled his 5-car (507). This would normally cause me concerne anyway, as Dale is a friend of ours, but I was even more freaked out because Greg was riding with him. It was about mile 18 in some sand rollers. They stuffed the front end and flipped end over end 3 or 4 times, finally landing on the side of the car. Dale cut his shin pretty bad, but all in all they are both ok. Greg has a lot of scary looking bruises he doesn't seem too concerned about and perhaps a fractured forearm, but I can't get him to go to the hospital (grr...you men!). Greg wanted me to make sure I said something about how very very cool it was of Dan Vance and his rider to stop and help flip the car back over and make sure they were okay. Dan and friend...I owe you one...thank you! Interestingly enough, just minutes later Scott Spindola came by and broke over the same hit. He broke the sector shaft on his steering box. Greg said there is nobody else that could possibly be better to break next to...Spindola is a funny, funny guy ya know and he kept everyone entertained...in his boxers., no less! I also thought it was really cool that when Dale's mom, Carolyn came by in her class 1450 truck she booted her rider out so she could get her son to medical personnel. That's just frickin rad and makes me want to call my mom. It was really cool of Dale to ask Greg to ride and we hope no other ailments showed up after we left. You need a quick recovery, Dale, and get that car back on the course because the night race will be here before ya know it. Anyway, it was a cool race if you don't count the rollover. As usual "The Wall" was packed with spectators, although there didn't seem to be as many as last year. John...didn't see you! What was up with that??? Saw a lot of other friends though and that is always cool. Does anyone know how Terrie Tavis did? Didn't see her go by after...2nd lap? I'm not sure because I was away for the first part of the race...someone tell me! And did Dan Vance finish or what? Ok I've gone on long enough...

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Jen, we just got home, this is Austin we are at Tony's house.

Heres what we know about Dan, He had something welded back up and he was running and finished what I beleve was 3 laps, then he made it past ck 1 on the 4th lap and somewhere between ck1 and ck2 he snapped something with the rear axle (what we heard), they brought out the trailer for him too. When I get home tomorrow I will post my videos from the wall of dan and the ATS truck.

Tony

drtdevil93

Reaction
sells was airing that truck out!! anyone that saw it can tell you, but if you didnt see it, you probably cant
believe it. he also won the race by a lot. what a truck. pretty incredible for a leaf spring truck, deaver is very proud of him.

other than that, it was a fun time and there was lots of great racing.

erik

rdc

Reaction
jen,
any word on how Terrie did yet? and how about John Tavis? how did he do also....i wasnt able to go!
got injured..was supposed to ride with John...anyone!....how did the Tavis's do?
thanks
rd

kurt

Reaction
Results of an MDR sheet as of 5pm Saturday - there was still a number of cars/trucks still going. Class 1 -kevin Ohnstad 1st (and overall), ryan stewart 2nd, tood jergensen 3rd - Class 10 rick ellison 1st richard beck 2nd, neil kleine 3rd - Class 1600 randy jones 1st, jimmy hook 2nd, jerry longo 3rd - class 550 (5-1600) curt geer 1st - kurt puhl 2nd, tom westhoff 3rd - Class 5 Guy peterson 1st, george seeley 2nd,steve griffith 3rd - class 9 Dan folts 1st, dan owen 2nd - Class 7 no finishers as of 5pm -
Classes 1200 - 1100 - 1300 - 1400 -1450 ran fewer laps, but I'm not sure how many, someone let me know how many laps each of those classes were running and then I'll let ya know the results. As of 5pm Tavis had completed 4 laps, with a 4 1/2 hour 3rd lap.

rdc

Reaction
class 11 ran three laps, hwever none finished. we got to mile 4 on the third lap and blew through 2 ign. coils

drtdevil93

Reaction
scott sells at the wall

here is a teaser til tigger puts his video up. fogive the camera work

erik

frankh

Reaction
Jen

Tell Greg to have it check out. There is also some type of insurance from MDR that could be used or I will pay for it myself. Carolyn, Dale and myself would also like to thank Dan. We know he gave up his lead to stop, even after he found out that everyone was ok he still took the time to help flip to car over and move it off the track. We hope we never have to show him that we would do the same. He has a [censored] load of class. Other than the cut dale is fine jen; we just got back and he is going now to have it looked at. Carolyn had her own problems even after stopping for Dale, then stopping to pull Tom Kock / Richard Boyle car off the course she was 18 min off pace, she gained 6 min back on her second lap and had regained second place back, But then she got stuck at mile 34, When we got there to help she lost something in the ignition, we replace everything but the computer and could not get it to fire so that ended here day.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Frank that was well put. Dan is a really good guy. It is much like anything, People will pass judgement without knowing the person.. For those of you that dont know Dan, take the time to say hi next time you see him. The guy would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it... Along with many other people in the sport including the Hines family. Thank you to all of the guys/gals that go the extra mile. I know I will always have a helping hand out in the dez if something happens to my truck or whatever... You guys/gals are the reason we do this website... THANK YOU...

kurt

Reaction
If the info that class 1100, 1200, 1300, 1450 ran 3 lasp and 1400 ran 4 laps here's the info as of 5pm race day. Class 1100 - no finishers, class 1200 nicholas beall 1st, mike dill 2nd - class 1300 micheal parr 1st, christopher underwood 2nd, tut cote 3rd - class 1450 mark growe 1st, barrie thompson 2nd, kurt youngs 3rd - Class 1400 billy bunch 1st, dan vance and ryan wallace both completed 3 laps, dont' know if they finished.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Dan Vance did not finish. He gave it a heck of a go though! This was my first race and Dan is already my favorite. We saw him hit the wall and he got the highest out of everyone I beleve. Then we did not see him for a while and we thought he was out of the race, then we were out near mile 50 when out of no where we see this black ranger go flying by on the track! Dan was back in it, there wasen't many people left but Dan was not going to give up yet! We headed over to the wall to see him come around on the 4th lap and we were the only people left there but Dan couldn't quite make it :( It seemed like he gave it his best shot. Dan you are one of the coolest people that I know and I hope that next race you can make it all the way but at the same time get big air like this video of you at the wall! Thanks for the show Dan!

http://www.pencilart.com/photo/kartek/danwall.mpg</A>

Go Big Or Go Home

Wayne_Nosala

Reaction
Hey Gang,
Thanks for the updates & stories
I talked to Brad Inch late last night(saturday)
He said Randy Jones was hauling A$$!
Congrats to CORE members Randy Jones & Johnny burns for the 1/2 1600 win!
Wayne

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Here is annother Dan Vance video from the wall.
Courtesy of Brian Fenton / Blazersracing

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.race-dezert.com/vb3/attachments/old/1vancejump.avi> Click here ! Dan Vance Jump </A>

Terrie_Tavis

Reaction
Jen and Kevin,
Thanks for asking. John (1017) had problems with his fuel system and cooling fan and ended up dnf-ing on lap 3. Also, on my third lap, I had a broken alternator plate which took out my belts, and caused me to loose all my oil. It also caused the power steering pump to break (my arms will be sore for a week). Luckly, John's disabled car was there and we were able to make a donor transplant (power steering pump). At mile marker 54, I had electricial problems. Altogether, lap 3 cost me over 3 hours in down time. On lap 4, I had a reoccurance of electricial problems. Not my best race, but car 1016 finished, and had the honor of seeing the checkered flag!!!! When you come home this tired and sore, you know you had a good time.

Bad Ass Toys Aren't Just For Boys!!!

WFODAN

Reaction
A big congrats to The Baja Shop on their 7s victory . We didn't finish the truck until about 3AM before the race . The truck was brand new with no time testing it . They towed it to the track on the trailer not finished the night before the race . We turned wrenches till early morning then tested for about an hour or so in the dark, dialing in the shocks . Brett King set them up from the start so the adjustments were only minor . After about an hour and a half of sleep it was time to tech the truck before the race . The truck ran basically trouble free for the entire race , and sailed to a victory with almost an hour lead . This truck was completely built over the last month after hours at the Baja Shop . I would recomend them for any race car needs whether it's repairs , prep , or turn key race cars . Those guys are the best , and they showed it this weekend with the 7s victory . Congrats to Billy Bunch on his class 1400 victory also . He stepped up from 1450 to 1400 for this race and took the victory . I look forward to racing against him at the night race . Congrats to all the racers that raced this and every race , win or not , you have alot of heart !!

Dan Vance

rdc

Reaction
Any more info on the Class 10 Car of Neil Kleine would be appreciated. I heard this was the first race on a new but would like to know more details on the car, make model, horsepower.... Thanks.