Any rumors on San Felipe 250

Chainguide

RDC Crypto
San Felipe is really hurting economically. I have never seen it so deserted. When you guys come down to El Dorado for the race, be sure to go into the town and spend your money!!

y!
SF 3-12-21.jpg

43mod

RDC Crypto
In all fairness this looks like 645 am on a tuesday morning pic . Sat and sunday town was alive way more than over the last year . I have been down at least a few days 12 of the last 13 months . Gas station lady said it was 50/50 mex / whettos .

Bajacolorado

RDC Crypto
Absolutly! Did so a few weeks back. Yes the Malecon is closed to vehicles but some places are open for business. Like you said -they are hurting and need our patronage. Tip like a proper American too. Or more. Go see Coco if you have chance - he is in need as well. I guess he moved closer to the paved road but this needs to be verified. We love you Mexico!

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
The Malecon is open to vehicles and it had plenty of people on Saturday. very busy. They are paving the second road back from the Malicon and it should be complete very soon. Half is already done.

The people of San Felipe voted in November to break away from Mexicali so it will be interesting to see how this turns out. It's not final as San Felipe has to show it can stand on it's own. (I'm sure it will). This is good as the current process is all money goes to Mexicali and then they decided how much to pour back into San Felipe.

Coco has officially pissed me off. We have done so much for him and he is turning around and acting like he is a celebrity. Told some friends to stop by and buy a beer from his to support him and when they went to take a picture with him he demanded $5 bucks for a picture with him. Sorry but I call Bull I failed spelling on that. Just not right.

Please do spend money in San Felipe as the people are genuinely GREAT people!

Bajacolorado

RDC Crypto
Glad the Malecon is now fully open. When I was there it was partially blocked at the south end and trafiic was messed up due to paving of the second street. Coco - you can meet him on a good day and he is great and on a bad day not so much. That is Coco. It's Baja.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
w0w, so Coco is only human just like the rest of us, ,,,( ps , after just watching the Ontario suburbs massive fireworks explosion, i was wundering if you can still get good old fashion dangerous fireworks in San Filipe?, i loved those bambo sky rockets with the m100 report😉

Last edited:

PaulW

RDC Crypto
Construction and rebuilding for the street west of the Malecon allows Malecon entrance from the north. Business open now. But not like before covid. Beaches are reasonably in use. Not to busy.
That reconstruction is progressing nicely and paving has begun. All the way from the intersection with Malecon N & S. Meanwhile we are walking to the bank from available side streets.

Steve0

RDC Crypto
Spend money to support local business, check. El Imperio here we come....