Any rumors on San Felipe 250

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Anyone know of a map of the san Felipe area that shows what areas are called and points of interest to racers? I want to study the area before we go down for pre run.

I have been looking at past race maps but they don’t really name the areas or points of interest.

Mike

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
Any race map of just about any 1000 or 500 will have this. I believe if you search through the archives here, you will find some stuff from Paul W. that maps the washes south of town as well.

Bredbaker

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
I was thinking about this all electric truck that it entering the race. I great leap forward in technology for sure, but in rally (my other passion) we are seeing some hybrid and electric cars starting to show at events. This leads to wonder, because I was an organizer before, about the safety aspect in event of a crash. Will the safety crews need to learn new rescue techniques? Will there be a rule set about quick disconnects to the high voltage system? The racers take the risk, we all know what they are, but the emergency crews don't need to. Just some food for thought.

Also, when the heck is the course map coming out?!?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Bro_Gill Thanks!

Funny thing is some maps have more info than others. I looked at one and it had very little descriptions but looked at another one and it had twice as many. After looking at 3 different maps I was able to get most of the names.

As Corny as it is I like when BITD makes the maps and adds the names of areas or obstacles.

Mike

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Bro_Gill Thanks!

Funny thing is some maps have more info than others. I looked at one and it had very little descriptions but looked at another one and it had twice as many. After looking at 3 different maps I was able to get most of the names.

As Corny as it is I like when BITD makes the maps and adds the names of areas or obstacles.

Mike

Find a friend with the AAA baja book. Make some photo copies and laminate them into your own 3 ring binder. Thats your homework for this week, report back.

Chainguide

RDC Crypto
I was thinking about this all electric truck that it entering the race. I great leap forward in technology for sure, but in rally (my other passion) we are seeing some hybrid and electric cars starting to show at events. This leads to wonder, because I was an organizer before, about the safety aspect in event of a crash. Will the safety crews need to learn new rescue techniques? Will there be a rule set about quick disconnects to the high voltage system? The racers take the risk, we all know what they are, but the emergency crews don't need to. Just some food for thought.

Also, when the heck is the course map coming out?!?
The map will be out this Saturday

lil manny

RDC Crypto
Anyone know of a map of the san Felipe area that shows what areas are called and points of interest to racers? I want to study the area before we go down for pre run.

I have been looking at past race maps but they don’t really name the areas or points of interest.

Mike
Not sure what tires you run but if you’re on BFG’s they offer complimentary pit support and have some great pit packets with their own maps that have all of that info plus access roads.

cjohnson

RDC Crypto
Not sure what tires you run but if you’re on BFG’s they offer complimentary pit support and have some great pit packets with their own maps that have all of that info plus access roads.
+1 BFG provides a great map. Having the access roads to the race course is a huge help if your race vehicle breaks down.

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
RDC Crypto
Press release has some good info, and says this is the first time in history the 250 is entirely south of Highway 3. Am I having The Mandela Effect on this? I'm pretty sure MOST of them have been entirely south of Hwy 3.

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Starting and finishing without spectators in the s/f compound because of Health and Safety protocols on the grounds of the El Dorado Ranch the race course is 280.2 miles, will run in a clockwise direction and feature two physical full stop checkpoints and 82 virtual checkpoints and just four speed zones for a total of 9.3 miles.
It also runs through five of the glorious infamous Baja washes in this order: Azufre, Huatamote, Chanate, Amarillas and Las Cuevitas.

Goober

RDC Crypto
Starting and finishing without spectators in the s/f compound because of Health and Safety protocols on the grounds of the El Dorado Ranch the race course is 280.2 miles, will run in a clockwise direction and feature two physical full stop checkpoints and 82 virtual checkpoints and just four speed zones for a total of 9.3 miles.
It also runs through five of the glorious infamous Baja washes in this order: Azufre, Huatamote, Chanate, Amarillas and Las Cuevitas.
4 speed zones?!?

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
whats the wash that kills all the tires?, had all these bowling ball size rocks in it poking up just barely out of the sand Everywhere !

Dustino81

RDC Crypto
Absolutely not trying to fear monger , but does anyone have any insight to this at this point and if it will affect the race .
A1930457-1B2A-4E24-9FEF-DB270998454B.jpeg

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Oh man. That’s not a good tweet. Hopefully that won’t happen.

Mike

TecateRay

RDC Crypto
Oh man. That’s not a good tweet. Hopefully that won’t happen.

Mike
I think it already did. I saw a post that Mexicali, capital of Baja was planning to enforce it.
might be some politics involved to get the US to supply vaccines to Mexico. There is also talk that Mexico will close the border with Guatemala to help with the immigrant issue.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Did some checking and they are extending the restriction that has been in place for over a year. There have been races in Baja during these restrictions. So it may just be political crap.

Mike