Any rumors on San Felipe 250

swiftracing5

Reaction
so·lo
/ˈsōlō/
how to pronounce solo - Google Search

adjective
adjective

1. done by one person alone; unaccompanied.
adverb

1. for or by one person alone.

Again, not solo.

Now, being the only DOR is a legit accomplishment, but if you have a guy sitting next to you reading a gps to you and changing your flats, YOU AREN'T SOLO.

But he isn't solo. And he hasn't Ironmanned it.

As for his spine, tell it to the guys in Class 11 or 1600 or 5 or 9 or any class with limited travel.

WAJ.
BFB07075-D5D2-4327-BF58-B4428552A708.jpeg

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
dude, you need to relax. Your response is over the top. Nobody cares.
Nope. Several people care. Simply because you don't care about the correct history doesn't mean everyone else doesn't care.

Because everyone that claims a racer as a "Solo" or Ironman" racer because they were the lone driver of record while having multiple navigators undermines the accomplishments of those that actually have Ironmanned the 1000. Ivan Stewart never had a navigator. Mouse McCoy rode every mile himself.

To say a guy or gal in a two seat truck, with both seats occupied, accomplished the same feat as the person in a single seater is absolute bullshit.

Honda48X

Reaction
Your right, there are a few IRONMAN around and hats off to them. Now there are a few people that are SOLO drivers and hats of to them as well. I’m really talking about those that do the 1000 Solo or those that Ironman it.

Mike, have you ever driven a thousand miles without getting out of the vehicle. I have driven a thousand miles and got out to take a pee break and a drive-thru to eat and that was a long day for me and I was on a freeway doing an average of 65 mph. Now try a BAJA 1000 without getting out of the seat.

Edit: I forgot to tell you I had the cruise control on so I could stretch my legs and feet.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Your right, there are a few IRONMAN around and hats off to them. Now there are a few people that are SOLO drivers and hats of to them as well. I’m really talking about those that do the 1000 Solo or those that Ironman it.

Mike, have you ever driven a thousand miles without getting out of the vehicle. I have driven a thousand miles and got out to take a pee break and a drive-thru to eat and that was a long day for me and I was on a freeway doing an average of 65 mph. Now try a BAJA 1000 without getting out of the seat.

Edit: I forgot to tell you I had the cruise control on so I could stretch my legs and feet.

Are you seriously comparing driving on the highway at highway speed to the Baja 1000 because you don't know how to plan a road trip or didn't want to get out of the seat? GTFO.

Big Whitey

Reaction
Wow what happened to rumors about SF. I just heard BJ is going to pay for all of my entry fees this year cuz it’s cheaper than racing his truck. Hell yea. I’m excited for that. Also heard RG thought I would be faster in his Utv TT than him so I have to decide which way I want to race. Pretty much don’t want to leave this dream

Big Whitey

Reaction
Im with you Mike@pit B
I don’t think he is really trying to compare soloing the 1k to road driving 1k. I took it more as 1k is a long way and most people don’t, won’t, cant or are not interested in driving that far in one shot.
I routinely do it (1067 miles) in one day from AZ home to MT home. It’s a long boring day but I prefer not stopping overnight, yes there are fuel and pee breaks but for me I stop as little as possible on that drive.

alexanderthedude

Reaction
Hi! Anyone planning on being a spectator for the San Felipe 250? I am headed down to watch but due to covid, I can't be at the ranch where racers link up. Anyone want to link up to watch some where along the course?

coryanderson

Reaction
We wil be spectating - I usggest Rm 40 at 9:15 +and over to about RM 105 45 minutes later - see them twice with not a lot of effort. That is our plan,

I think I’m going to be doing something similar and then heading to MM 262ish for the finish then trying to find a spot to camp on the water.

Are you camping Friday night? We will be in a newer Black 4Runner and a friend will be in a green TRD Pro.

Baja_Seve

Reaction
Score has decided to physically mark VCPs on the race course. Hmmm. Not sure that is a good idea. Who complained? Teams who cannot afford a simple GPS device and do their homework?
I see this as problematic - I can see most of those signs being altered/moved or simply run over.
vcp.jpg

Bajacolorado

Reaction
I think I’m going to be doing something similar and then heading to MM 262ish for the finish then trying to find a spot to camp on the water.

Are you camping Friday night? We will be in a newer Black 4Runner and a friend will be in a green TRD Pro.
I PM'd you (I think!)

PaulW

Reaction
21 SF 250 geography and wash's used

List of all the notable washes or canyons South of Hwy3
Borrego (3 Poles) - Used
Cuevitas - Used
Mini summit - not used
Las Cuevitas or Saltitio or Morelia road - (Never used)
Acuna - Used VCP31,32 etc. a NE leading wash
Amarillas - Used (west end)
Chanate - Used
Huatamote - Used
Azufre - Used
Matomi - not Used

E motorsports

Reaction
so·lo
/ˈsōlō/
how to pronounce solo - Google Search

adjective
adjective

1. done by one person alone; unaccompanied.
adverb

1. for or by one person alone.

Again, not solo.

Now, being the only DOR is a legit accomplishment, but if you have a guy sitting next to you reading a gps to you and changing your flats, YOU AREN'T SOLO.

But he isn't solo. And he hasn't Ironmanned it.

As for his spine, tell it to the guys in Class 11 or 1600 or 5 or 9 or any class with limited travel.

WAJ.
i gonna have to go with Hagle

Solo Driver as apposed to Iron Man is correct in this context
the fact is solo driven

mxben

Reaction
Score has decided to physically mark VCPs on the race course. Hmmm. Not sure that is a good idea. Who complained? Teams who cannot afford a simple GPS device and do their homework?
I see this as problematic - I can see most of those signs being altered/moved or simply run over. View attachment 224685

There's nothing "wrong" with marking those VCP. You can see them on a gps so they are not secret. Mark them out so we know how to interpret that section at speed without consulting a screen. Safer and faster. Especially for the motos and single seat guys. If one or more gets altered or moved SCORE would likely throw out that penalty out if a couple hundred vehicles miss it. Or not. Who cares.