Any rumors on San Felipe 250

MTPyle

Reaction
Yeah, I agree for the moto and single seat guys the VCP signs would be really nice. I guess not everyone has a 12" screen and navigator with them. Haha

I really doubt anyone would knock down or move them, at least I hope not.

I am excited for a VCP race. Cant wait.

Mike

mxben

Reaction
Score has decided to physically mark VCPs on the race course. Hmmm. Not sure that is a good idea. Who complained? Teams who cannot afford a simple GPS device and do their homework?
I see this as problematic - I can see most of those signs being altered/moved or simply run over. View attachment 224685

You ever run a great race then find out you have 30 minutes in penalties for missing a VCP by a couple yards???

Big Whitey

Reaction
You ever run a great race then find out you have 30 minutes in penalties for missing a VCP by a couple yards???
Yea but more like 45 minutes. I only wish they would tell us where and what penalties we get. At last years 1k both my cars got 45 minutes so either we both cheated equally or we both missed the same vcp’s and or were speeding equally in the speed zones.

Chainguide

Reaction
Score has decided to physically mark VCPs on the race course. Hmmm. Not sure that is a good idea. Who complained? Teams who cannot afford a simple GPS device and do their homework?
I see this as problematic - I can see most of those signs being altered/moved or simply run over. View attachment 224685
I think physically marking the VCPs is waste of time and resources. For whatever advantage for some will be equally disadvantageous for others. I was opposed to this idea but SCORE wanted to try it for some reason. The pluses: you don't have to have a gps on your prerunner. You don't have to second guess a VCP location. That is all I can think of. Minuses: VCPs are virtual points in software. There is no guarantee that the physical marker is calibrated to the virtual course. Markers can be run over, stolen or moved, come race day. Anyone racing without a GPS is foolish and doesn't care about their race results or points anyway.

mxben

Reaction
I think physically marking the VCPs is waste of time and resources. For whatever advantage for some will be equally disadvantageous for others. I was opposed to this idea but SCORE wanted to try it for some reason. The pluses: you don't have to have a gps on your prerunner. You don't have to second guess a VCP location. That is all I can think of. Minuses: VCPs are virtual points in software. There is no guarantee that the physical marker is calibrated to the virtual course. Markers can be run over, stolen or moved, come race day. Anyone racing without a GPS is foolish and doesn't care about their race results or points anyway.

Its not hurting anyone. There are no negatives. What is the with the negativity about better more complete course marking ?

Chainguide

Reaction
Its not hurting anyone. There are no negatives. What is the with the negativity about better more complete course marking ?
You are right, it doesn't really hurt anything. unless of course, you are relying on those markers being there to guide you on raceday.

JDDurfey

Reaction
I don't understand why some of you think putting VCP markers on the course is not a good idea. The bikes need them the most. Most people use GPS in the pre-runner and race vehicle. They can verify the VCP while pre-running. There is no difference in putting a VCP marker on course and a course arrow. Should we discontinue course arrows also "because they might get torn down or moved?"

9rocky

Reaction
Yes. We lost the 2019 San Felipe 250 after my wife missed a VCP window by 50 feet.

Honda48X

Reaction
Can someone throw in the pizza management link. That way I can see the course laid out over Google maps