Any rumors on San Felipe 250

MTPyle

Reaction
Just import it into Google earth. Works great.

Mike

Fourstroker

Reaction
Can someone throw in the pizza management link. That way I can see the course laid out over Google maps
Here you go

Baja_Seve

Reaction
Meno from Amigos Pits would like to remind all prerunners that he and his crew are out at RM 78/VCP 23 at the entrance to Huatamote Wash every day until race day. He is selling gas ($8/gal), drinks, and food. As of yesterday afternoon, he has only seen 6 prerunners since prerunning opened Saturday.
Oh, if anyone has a spare moment in town, could they bring a pack of Meno's fav cigarettes if headed out that way. :)

rm78.jpg

bh.jpg

El Mamito USMC

Reaction

GBRACER

Reaction
Anyone missing VCP's these days is not paying attention, Stella beeps at you confirming that you hit the point, it's pretty simple dont proceed until you get that confirmation that you hit it, the "I lost the race cause I missed a VCP by several feet "does not fly - how do you even know you missed it by a few feet in the first place, if you did not know where it is. logically does not make sense.

9rocky

Reaction
Anyone missing VCP's these days is not paying attention, Stella beeps at you confirming that you hit the point, it's pretty simple dont proceed until you get that confirmation that you hit it, the "I lost the race cause I missed a VCP by several feet "does not fly - how do you even know you missed it by a few feet in the first place, if you did not know where it is. logically does not make sense.
You know by requesting your plot from SCORE and measuring it in Google Earth after the fact. Some top TT drivers have a Go Pro inside the cab pointed at the Stella to record when you hit the VCP's. Things happen, it does make sense.

mxben

Reaction

You going backwards on course to get that VCP you missed ??

Chainguide

Reaction
I know what you are implying and yes the Stella will confirm with a beep, but it will not show you where the course is or VCPs are, like a GPS does. There are a lot of whooped out parallel lines in the SF area. You can easily be off course and miss a VCP by 120' if you can't see the course markers. I have raced when my GPS failed and was constantly second guessing where the VCPs were.

cjohnson

Reaction
There are also many many left over course markers all over too to make it extra interesting on race day. SF has been raced for many years by several different organizations. In the middle of a race with adrenalin flowing and dust so thick you can't see the end of your hood it's very easy to miss a VCP. Even with GPS the navigator better not have the screen zoomed out too far or it will look like you're hitting the VCP but you're not.

9rocky

Reaction
There are also many many left over course markers all over too to make it extra interesting on race day. SF has been raced for many years by several different organizations. In the middle of a race with adrenalin flowing and dust so thick you can't see the end of your hood it's very easy to miss a VCP. Even with GPS the navigator better not have the screen zoomed out too far or it will look like you're hitting the VCP but you're not.
We sometimes put the "rings" on the screen to show our distance from a point. Pretty cavalier to say "it can't happen". In dust at 100 mph and strange stuff happens.

E.Hagle

Reaction
Everyone is going down there for a shot at the podium, missing a single VCP would relinquish that ability in an instant.
Adding an extra 10 seconds to tack on a VCP banner to each course marking seems like a courteous thing to do for the guys who spend all the moneys.

MTPyle

Reaction
Got settled in El Derado Ranch at Scott48x place. It’s super cool down here. Had a beer at Pete’s camp and downtown. Ran zoo road for a bit in the pre runners and the whoops are no joke. For sure no blades down here. Haha can’t wait to let the race truck eat.

Looking forward to hitting the course tomorrow.

Thanks to Scott for being such a great host and sharing his amazing place. We have our own little private RV resort.

Let the pre run begin.

Mike

burro8

Reaction
Dang, 3 pro moto guys? No SLR Honda?

Seems like a good opportunity to SCORE a win, haha.

Six man teams lol. Gonna race 50 miles each roughly +-.

What is happening to the moto scene down the
I was curious also why SLR isn't racing or more pro bikes.

Rslhc

Reaction
I heard a rumor a while back that SLR was focusing on stateside xc races like worcs and ngpc and only running the 1000. Sucks because it looks like that’s true and it’s also basically handing that 1x plate to someone else.