Any rumors on San Felipe 250

Dustino81

Reaction
Anyone got the 2020 SF250 Map that was released (prior to it being cancelled) that might provide some insight to this years course possibly??

Anger Issues

Reaction
I'm not trying to be a smart-arse.... and this comes from a guy who does a LOT of fishing in baja, sea of cortez and the other side too. I don't get the impression there is ANY water left when the rivers flow into baja?? I know the "Hardy" river flows north of San Felipe, but it looks like a crappy mud pit near "campo mosqueto"... ?? Hmmm I tend to want to "pass"!!!

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I believe other than the Colorado, the only other river with true water year round is the one through Mulege. Have read some stories of creeks up high on San Pedro de Martir that had trout transplanted into them back in the early 1900s by some true adventure sportsmen, and that there may still be some up in the really hard to reach stretches of those creeks, but other wise, most of the water that flows on the peninsula side only has sabertoothed crotch crickets, and most of those are in captivity at the strip clubs.

swiftracing5

Reaction
X2 for fishing up around Mikes around this time of year. Have seen some decent trout.

E.Hagle

Reaction
X2 for fishing up around Mikes around this time of year. Have seen some decent trout.
My grandpa is 82 and hopefully coming down to San Felipe to prerun with us. He told me back in the 80s while prerunning for the 500 they stopped to fish the stream near mikes and caught some little trout. I’d love to replicate that experience again. I day dream about little mountain streams all day long.

BajaJT

Reaction
I was up to the waterfall and pond were we caught very small trout in the 70's, the stream is very blown out from I guess a few big rain storms, still got there but it was quite a hike over Fiat size boulders, do not see any trout but ask Mike, he will know.

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
IMG_1002.jpg

Thinking this one

MTPyle

Reaction
32 Trophy Trucks. Pretty good start!! How come I don't see Pyle in the TT Spec class?

i just think we are not tough enough haha. Seriously it’s a lot of work and cost to race Baja. I really want to do it but each race I talk myself out of it.

the big issue for SF250 is the Silverstate300. I really like that race and don’t want to miss it. But as I type this I think I have already raced SS300 twice and never the SF250. But that’s kind of good as we know what to expect at Silverstate and can do well. To show up to SF250 for the first time would be really hard to do well.

Some day we will get down there.

Edit- what’s the current entry list for TT spec for SF250?

Mike

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
i just think we are not tough enough haha. Seriously it’s a lot of work and cost to race Baja. I really want to do it but each race I talk myself out of it.

the big issue for SF250 is the Silverstate300. I really like that race and don’t want to miss it. But as I type this I think I have already raced SS300 twice and never the SF250. But that’s kind of good as we know what to expect at Silverstate and can do well. To show up to SF250 for the first time would be really hard to do well.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Thanks Dan

Do you have the entry list of Spec trucks you can share? Would be interesting to see who is entered.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Thanks. Found it. Haha

Attachments

• AA8ACE4E-6C7B-4025-BB0B-4E20512460B7.png
    AA8ACE4E-6C7B-4025-BB0B-4E20512460B7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 80

ekozy39

Reaction

Mike
SS300 and SF250 course couldn’t be anymore different. You’re missing out if you pick SS over Baja.