Any rumors on San Felipe 250

lil manny

Reaction
Has score said if contingency will be limited to 2 people per race car again? I’m curious if they opened it up since I heard restrictions have pretty much been lifted in Baja.

E.Hagle

Reaction
41DB77FE-4AA2-47DE-AD4D-0A008D806B2B.jpeg
77613E90-642B-493D-B521-294F4031D1B5.jpeg

Chainguide

Reaction
Heard today Military checkpoint north of San Felipe is checking FMM's and turning you around if you don't have them.

Honda48X

Reaction
Heard today Military checkpoint north of San Felipe is checking FMM's and turning you around if you don't have them.
Went through yesterday and they did not check for FMM's. Now that doesn't mean it cant happen but it did not with us yesterday. It is always good to have them and always get them for the full 6 months.

Baja Bryan

Reaction
Negative. I just passed today and they have not checked for FMM's in many years and when they did was for a few weeks. How ever I recommend stop at the border and get your tourist visa its only about 30 bucks and good for 6 months. You need a usa passport to get your tourist visa. Also Please Please everyone get the cheap mex auto insurance at the border. Your standard usa auto ins won't cover accidents and payments to others in mex.

43mod

Reaction
Two day trips dont need one , wink wink . Mike i could easily be talked into chasing . Might even host a team bbq at our place .

MTPyle

Reaction
We are officially in for the SF250. We will need some help down there as we cant bring the entire crew down.

Just working on logistics and our plan.

We have our chase truck loaded with all the race stuff to drop off in SoCal for things to get rebuilt. Its a pain being so far away. Since we dont have time for shipping Carson is just going to drive it all down. We have Engine, Trans, Underdrive, shock package, drive lines, exhaust, 3rd members, and steering rack all getting delivered to places to get rebuilt. Figured it was faster and cheaper to send a truck than ship all that stuff and wait a week for it to get there. Now we need to figure out another way to get a week out of our prep schedule. Haha

Mike

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Good luck mike, ask whatever concerns, tips, ideas etc, lots of baja knowledge here, don’t know yet if teams I work are doing it, so I can offer some help

But prepare for a great race, lot of washes and whoops, since rumors about course are more consistent, ill suggest at least three trucks for chase and pit duties

jon coleman

Reaction
Good luck mike, ask whatever concerns, tips, ideas etc, lots of baja knowledge here, don’t know yet if teams I work are doing it, so I can offer some help

But prepare for a great race, lot of washes and whoops, since rumors about course are more consistent, ill suggest at least three trucks for chase and pit duties
its not a hi speed ' rally ' style race Thats for sure...

Chainguide

Reaction
What’s an FMM

From BajaBound Insurance website:​

Tourist Card (FMM) Facts:​

• The FMM is a document issued by Mexico's INM (Instituto Nacional de Migración aka INM)
  • Casually called a tourist card or tourist "visa" although it is not officially a visa
  • Issued to U.S., Canadian and other nationalities for vacation purposes
  • Easily obtained at an INM office at the border or online (online still requires a stop at INM at the border for the official stamp).
  • Requires a valid passport or passport card
  • The stamped FMM is valid for land travel throughout Mexico
  • Cost as of January 2020, $575 Pesos (appx U.S. $30) per person; FREE if the trip is 7 days or less and you cross by land
  • May be issued for up to 180 days

Traveling through San Ysidro/El Chaparral? See where to get a tourist card at the El Chaparral border crossing (San Ysidro/Tijuana).

Honda48X

Reaction
Two different levels of CPR. Basic for the layman and Advanced as in teaching EMT’s and having them use a bag valve mask.

We now also just teach chest compressions only. Sounds weird but thats how the AHA now teaches people. Pump and move the blood.

jon coleman

Reaction
Two different levels of CPR. Basic for the layman and Advanced as in teaching EMT’s and having them use a bag valve mask.

We now also just teach chest compressions only. Sounds weird but thats how the AHA now teaches people. Pump and move the blood.
thats good, i hated blowing into the training dummys pie hole😲