Any Updates on T.V. for TORC???

birdman

Reaction
I havent heard any talk of this for a while, I know people were saying they were going to get ABC and ESPN 2, but has this come true, was there any talk of when we could hear something. thanks :confused:

Slash01z

Reaction
On TORC's updated website they have a spot for the Tv schedule so that must mean they are eventually going to have one.

Blaine

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
..... they are working out some deals right now, but i guarentee that they will have tv!

hoeker

Reaction
April 2, 2009

Mr. Ricky Johnson
The Off-Road Championship, Inc.
11232 County Road M
Crandon, WI 54520

Re: 2009 TORC Series

Dear Ricky:

Thank you for working with us and coming to a preliminary agreement on the terms of our partnership. Please see below for a summary of the basic terms we have agreed to.

• Events – 8, The Off-Road Championship events (TORC). Six will be 60-minute programs and two will be 90-minute programs.

• Production – TORC would be solely responsible for providing the production staff and other personnel, facilities and services required to deliver fully produced programs. All talent and production elements would be subject ESPN’s approval. TORC would be responsible for all expenses and clearing all of their creative elements including closed captioning costs.

• Telecast Schedule - ESPN would telecast seven of the programs on a tape-delayed basis and one LIVE telecast. Five will air originally on ESPN2 and three on ABC. Each of the programs would receive one re-air each on ESPN2. The schedule is subject to change at ESPN’s sole discretion.

We expect to have the contract in your hands for final review early next week, and are looking forward to delivering an exciting new Series to our audience and short course off-road racing fans!

Sincerely,

Julie Sobieski
Vice President
ESPN Programming & Acquisitions
the TV contract had an error which delayed the finalization process. i understand it should finally be officially out soon.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
I'll bet ya a C note that they dont have the same amount of air time as the Lucas series!
hummmm..... thats a tough one... can i call ricky on this one??.... but i will put money on the fact that they WILL have a tv deal!!! :D

CMI CHUCK

Reaction
hummmm..... thats a tough one... can i call ricky on this one??.... but i will put money on the fact that they WILL have a tv deal!!! :D
Heck no you cant call Ricky, I didn't call Tony! I'm just going off of whats listed on their web sites. I know I didn't go to far out on a limb on that one.;)

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Heck no you cant call Ricky, I didn't call Tony! I'm just going off of whats listed on their web sites. I know I didn't go to far out on a limb on that one.;)
....... hummmmmmmmm.... :rolleyes:

.. i like betting :D ... just not this time !! .... :(

birdman

Reaction
yes, lucas may have a little more air time, but torc will have better tv because of the stations it will be aired on. i would rather take a hit on hours on air and be seen on espn because alot more people have espn compared to speed...:D

hoeker

Reaction
I'll bet ya a C note that they dont have the same amount of air time as the Lucas series!
when one air on ABC gets better viewership than an entire season on Speed i'll take it! we've been limping by with 4th quarter Speed TV for 9 years now and i'm ready to move on!

Steve_Naughton

Reaction
yes, lucas may have a little more air time, but torc will have better tv because of the stations it will be aired on. i would rather take a hit on hours on air and be seen on espn because alot more people have espn compared to speed...:D
when one air on ABC gets better viewership than an entire season on Speed i'll take it! we've been limping by with 4th quarter Speed TV for 9 years now and i'm ready to move on!

Revelation here guys... It doesn't matter which TV station it airs on. What matters is THE SHOW. How good is the show? That is the ONLY thing that matters. If your show sucks, then the networks, dates, times and number of airings is meaningless.

From a business/ratings standpoint, I would take "Battle at Krueger" on YouTube over any inferior program on any network tv station any day of the week. With that said, I think "the battle between Rob Mac, Robby Gordon, Ricky Johnson, Jerry Whelchel, Todd LeDuc, Jeremy McGrath, Scott Taylor and the Flying Dutchman" has potential to be a very good show, ... at least better than Wee Man 1 in a trophy kart.

John F2000

Reaction
Air time is actually very simple. It really comes down to how much did that time slot cost. Air time is a commodity, plain and simple. I can by 30 minute slots on espn and speed late night for $500-$1500 depending on day and week etc...I can also buy same stations different times for $5,000 - $15,000. It all comes down to how much the media buying community is willing to pay for the eye balls. And yes it makes a difference, the more money the more eye balls. You can air 10 times late night on speed or espn and not get the same viewership as one airing on nbc day time during the weekend. If the time slot is valuable, regardless of which station, (ie costs lots of money) then your sponsors will be seen by more people.

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
Reaction
Don't forget that most sports bars you walk into in America have a TV tuned to ESPN.

jmason912

Reaction
Let's not get into a pissing match anymore. I'm sure both will produce great shows and I look forward to turning on the TV in a few different spots and watch racing.
Who would have thought, the way things were going at the end of 2008, that we would have this much TV.

Dirty*

Reaction
I've gotta give it up to both of these guy's Lucas and Torc. There exposing Off road to the world. regardless of who has better TV time they are doing Big things to benefit the sport. Only time will tell which series will be Top Dog.. JMO