Anybody built there own I beams?

azmoose

Reaction
Anybody built there own I beams? I am in Arizona and have a 93 F250 That I would like to put turn into a prerunner but the only kit I could find is a Fabtech thats a little pricey here but may have to go that way. Also who makes the bolt on front fenders for F150/F250's Thanks.

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
For the beams check in the linkz section under Fab Shops and call around. The fenders on F-150's pretty much cannot just bolt on such as the Rangers and the newer F-1's. A core support has to be made to mount the fenders and then remount all the electrical, the hood and washer fluid reservoir, etc.

properprerunner

Reaction
I can't imagine it being any cheaper having a fab shop build you a set. I built a set for a ranger utilizing the forged beams. There is a lot more to making beams than just lengthening them. You need to retain the correct geoetry and make sure they fit without hitting one another. You will need to make a jig or fixture to represent all of the critical points. You also will need to be able to weld to the forging(older beams, no not use your current cast beams). Meaning you need to TIG weld it.