Anybody else's wife gaga over Twilight?

Mark Newhan

Reaction
My wife has been reading Twilight. She is completely infatuated with the charactor Edward. Not knowing what what the book was all about, I told her it must be a love story. Well she finished the first book and in the interest of conversation I asked her about the story. As she was telling me the story it occurred to me that it is a love story. I told her that all she wants to read it for is the love affair fantasy sex with the perfect man scenario. She replied it was not about sex because Edward is a Vampire and can't have sex with Bella.

Sooooo, it then occurred to me that it was worse than I had been thinking. The reason that Twilight is sweeping through the female persuasion is because in this ficticious story Edward is the "perfect" man because if it is not about the sex it must be true love. I believe that women think all men are pigs and are only interested in sex. It is exemplified in all of the stories we were told as kids. The White Knight in shinning amor always saved the damsel in distress. And what was always the last sentense in the story... "and they lived happily ever after". It is all about the "white picket fense", anything less is a disapointment to the ladies. I believe that these ideals are what leads to the divorce rate in the country. It is all fiction with ZERO basis in reality.

I have more on this and wrote it in a manuscript years ago. I am a product of divorce as probably most of you may be. As such we can see the flawed ideal but as a society can't seem to fix it as many people are to selfish to stick it out through a tough situation.

And for the record, I have a great marraige to a beautiful women, but even saying this, it has its challanges.

What do you think about Twilight?

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
I think my wife made me watch it last night.... and she is reading the books like crazy.... which is funny, she really isn't a big reader per se.

.... of course, watching the movie with her was of benefit to me, so I guess I liked the movie just fine - LOL!

You do pose an interesting point though Mark - As a general rule, physiologically/psychologically (obviously there are exceptions to the rule), men get/give affection through physical intimacy and women get/give affection through emotional intimacy....... and when things get crappy, dudes stop being emotional and chicks stop putting out - only worsening the situation/frustration in the relationship....... that freakin Edward really could screw things up for dudes in America! LOL!

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
Not for me! However, my daughter, Alyssa loves it. She has read all of the books and has watched the movie to many times.

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
Reaction
I've been bumped for that book a few times!

cbrdoll

Resident Cougar
Reaction
Not for me! However, my daughter, Alyssa loves it. She has read all of the books and has watched the movie to many times.
I'm with you Mary Kay...not for me!!! I had a g/friend here Friday nite and she couldnt get home fast enough to read that book! I was like WTF is up with that???

racechase01

Reaction
My wife and 16 year old daughter have read all the books. My daughter saw it multiple times at the theater and I can't even count how many times she watches it at home.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
all men are pigs and are only interested in sex.
Holy cow, were NOT!!!!!! Oink Oink lol.:eek:

Women and Men are very different creatures so it should come as no surprise that we are not the same in very many ways. Then , we`re surprised that, were not the same!!!! Does that make sense??

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
You all need to be greatful that your not in highschool right now!!!!!

Twilight is everything, and every girl, and some of the guys love twilight.
It is driving me crazy!!! I hate it

ultrablew

Reaction
I am not a big reader and will not pick up this book. My 5th grade daughter though has started to read the first one and many of her friends are almost done with it. Many female adults I know have read it.
As far as the story lines of books and movies about boy meets girl, boy is perfect, the love is perfect, the house and family are perfect and they happily ever after...
I live the real life everyday. I want a book or movie with a fantasy story line and ending. However they get to the end, I want it to be happy. Just my opinion.

C flips

Reaction
You all need to be greatful that your not in highschool right now!!!!!

Twilight is everything, and every girl, and some of the guys love twilight.
It is driving me crazy!!! I hate it
Actually it would be kind of cool to be back in high school again. Would've told that Belgian foreign exchange student not to eat before our senior party. :D

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
alot of my chick friends were/are i make fun of them all the time.... good thing my ex gf wasnt into that crap...

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
a previous post on here just reminded me of all the gay dudes at my school who want edward its the gayest thing ever....

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
a previous post on here just reminded me of all the gay dudes at my school who want edward its the gayest thing ever....
Gay high school dudes in Parker?..... That town isn't big enough for the demographics to support one, let alone multiple gay high school dudes.....

are you MSU?

randy s

Reaction
i saw some of the movie. i'd rather have colonoscopy or a root canal than watch the rest of it. that guy would've had to transfer out of my high school back in the day. we'd have run his vampire ass off. seems to me the reason he looked un-easy with that gal is because he's such a flamer. what is it with these guys that look like junkies anyway? somebody needs to feed that guy a big carne asada dinner. nice scenary though. zero thumbs up.

randy s

Reaction
instead of a carne asada dinner, maybe a stake would be better.

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
i saw some of the movie. i'd rather have colonoscopy or a root canal than watch the rest of it. that guy would've had to transfer out of my high school back in the day. we'd have run his vampire ass off. seems to me the reason he looked un-easy with that gal is because he's such a flamer. what is it with these guys that look like junkies anyway? somebody needs to feed that guy a big carne asada dinner. nice scenary though. zero thumbs up.
I've only seen TV ads and movie posters (and intend to keep it that way!). He looks like an emo Eddie Munster

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
My wife was bitten by the twilight bug. Now the soap operas are piling up in the Tivo. Im sure the fad will pass just like boy bands, jazercise, and fondue.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
My sister LOVES the book... I don't get it I enjoy reading sometimes but I can't get caught up in that fantasy crap... real life is tooo much fun!! :D

Same goes for soap operas I don't understand how people can watch them!! :eek: IMO BO-RING!!!