Anybody get hurt?

martininsocal

Reaction
I spent Sunday working in the E.R. at Riverside Regional Medical Center. Didn't recognize anyone who came in by gurney, but there were plenty of bike and quad injuries, even from Glamis. To the EMT's who wouldn't let the old guy who went over the bars in the witches eye at Buttercup Saturday night go home in teh back of the Suburban and instead had hime flown to Desert Hospital, GOOD JOB!!!!!
He ended up at RCMC because the MRI at Desert was out of service. He had a broken C-1, so be glad you guys kept him on the board. His wife was glad too. Saw 2 other broken backs off quads, a broken wrist/forearm of a bike and one guy flew in as a salad from a quad crash at speed with NO HELMET! He can't even get a helmet now that life sucks for him! Hope everyone else made it home safe.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

sweetdevil

Reaction
I rolled my quad in the dunes... which wouldn't have sucked too bad, except for the fact it landed on top of me when we stopped rolling, and I was pinned in the sand... I've got a couple of bruises, but some guys on motorcycles came over and pulled it off of me. They even had tools to fix my broken whip!

Life Sucks.... get a friggin helmet

Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well Friday at the drags was not a good sight. Right before it got dark a rail lost control and went into the crowd rolling over....bodys literally went flying in the air and a lot of people got hurt. They were pumping stomachs when we got over there (not a good sign) and it was just to ugly.....

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

sweetdevil

Reaction
The drags were REALLY narrow on Friday and a group of five quads was sitting off to the side, which is always a bad idea at the drags, and especially cuz I'd never seen it so narrow. This rail came down, saw the group, hit the brakes and cranked the wheel, and flipped over the quads... That was the worst accident I watched happen...

Life Sucks.... get a friggin helmet

Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over

mustafa

Reaction
The camp next to us had a little boy who burned his legs playing with gas and the campfire. He had second degree burns on both of his legs and was airlifted to a
hospital in San Diego.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

martininsocal

Reaction
Gas and a campfire...sounds about as good as drinking and driving. I don't even wonder anymore about why some folks do what they do, I just hope they don't take out all the inocent bystanders near them when they remove their genes from the pool.

If your gonna go, go BIG

mustafa

Reaction
I can't fault the child for his actions, he was too young to know. It was lack of parental supervision that was the cause. Hopefully, he'll fully recover without too much
scarring.

mustafa

Reaction
Martin,
You're right, he did, but I tend to give people (especially adolescents) the benefit of the doubt. Just because his parents are irresponsible morons does not mean that
he's a moron too. If he was a teenager then I would blame him, but he was about 6 or 7 years old.