Anyone else have a BLAST at the 500?

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I can't even put into words how much fun I had at the 5 hundy!

Spending 7 days straight with Pab, Heidi and the whole DA was too good to put into words. I can't wait for the Mil.......What the heck am I gonna do to pass the next 5 months......

I wonder If I can convince Pab to start prerunning in Sept.......That guy loves it down there more than anyone else I know so that shouldn't be a problem.

I can't describe the honor it is for me to be a part of the DA familia. I'm so stoked that Josh Daniels is joining the family and bringing PDaily with him!

HOLY COW I even got to spend some time with Hector and Randazzo 2 of the greatest buggy dorks ever........

One little low light was having to hang out with that country clubbing truck building guy from the AZ......Better known as Ricky G...........

Kidding, Rick is one of the most laid back guys who says some of the funniest things ever.....Not to mention that he has a pretty good clue about going very fast over rough terrain.......

If you weren't there you really missed it......

I hate to rub it in but HOLY COW what a great week.

Make plans now to be at Mike's Guy Rancho the Wed before the 500 next year!

Anyone else have a good time?

Highlight of the whole trip was chasing with Big Daddy and Heidi after she finished her 224 miles. What a blast! Big Daddy has forgot more about Baja then I'll ever know.

The funniest thing would have to be any of the little one line zingers that Ricky G. trades back and forth with Big Daddy! Those 2 are hilarious!!!!

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
ooh ooh I did...!!!

Sampeter

Reaction
HOLY COW ........
Speaking of holy cows, we had a good laugh when 3 cows decide to cross the road in the middle of the race, and they look like they were waiting for the Conlon class 1 car to start running, this was on the hills on valle de trinidad, so the cars couldn't see them, but I could see them coming and I just ran to stop the car before he hit the cows, he was able to stop and let the cows run for their lives, that was just one of those moments... :D

It was just one of those great races...

JMS

Reaction
Great time as always! Not one sign of danger or pig flu! Dont believe the hype! Mexico is as safe as ever if not more and everyone in our crew had great experience this weekend! Well until the truck broke:( but still a great time had by all! Cant wait till Nov!

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Best time ever. We were so busy that I didn't even get to take many pictures.

All the cars we pitted finished. That alone made the effort worthwhile. Can't wait for the 1K.

Speaking of holy cows....well sort of. There was a loose horse at rm 329 that was freaking out as the bikes came thru. A couple of times we thought that horse was going to take out a bike. It finally got out of the area.

BuzzChaser

Reaction
Wouldnt trade it for anything!

1fastbean

Rookie
Reaction
Had an awesome time at Ojos and down in San Matias with Baja Pits 6. Seen an unusually slow Robby Gordon go by at speed (about 60mph). One thing I hate about the trackers is their ability to track speed on the highway. Post some pics later.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
The best part was how all the tourist wouldn't get off the boats because of the swine flu....We ate at the Italian joint every night and never had to wait for a table........

The shop owners were bumming hard due to the loss of revenue but it sure made getting things done a lot easier......

Oh, major bonus for people who drive a little too aggressively. The cops were obviously NOT about to pull over any Americans.........Don't ask me how I know..........

EVERYONE down there is bending over backwards to make everything as great and safe as possible........The drop in tourism is really hurting the economy down there.

I feel very bad for the average warm and welcoming citizen of Baja.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
The best part was how all the tourist wouldn't get off the boats because of the swine flu....We ate at the Italian joint every night and never had to wait for a table........

The shop owners were bumming hard due to the loss of revenue but it sure made getting things done a lot easier......

Oh, major bonus for people who drive a little too aggressively. The cops were obviously NOT about to pull over any Americans.........Don't ask me how I know..........

EVERYONE down there is bending over backwards to make everything as great and safe as possible........The drop in tourism is really hurting the economy down there.

Did you guys notice all the cops in Ensenada pulling EVERYONE over (mostly locals)? Seemed like every two minutes we heard sirens and local cops writing tickets. I even have a pic of "ponch" I'll post tomorrow. Good times.

Baja Fool

Reaction
My truck got hit by a bus, RG broke a bunch of windows at our pit, the race car blew an engine and I STILL had a great time!

Can't wait for the Mil.

Wright602

Reaction
Our car had a 70 mile lead on 2nd place at one point till the trans blew! then got passed by every other car in our class and no finish!!! But still had an awesome time I wouldnt trade for anyhting in the world!!

Bring on the 1000 !!!!

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Great time, great food, great people. Cannot wait for the Mil

Laurie

Reaction
We could not have asked for a better race. New truck First race First place!

Relvsurfs

Reaction

Very well put Nimrod.. Had a great time and even with our break diwn out at mm 120 long retreval and a rough spot to retrive from had an awesome time and experience. if anyone needs a fluent spanish speaker for a co dog or chase on any of the CODE races .. hit me up ! We probably wont race till later in the year, after we rebuild the front end of the car. But yea the few A holes ( crooks, thieves, drugies, ect. ) and swine flu hype and our national security stuff sure has made it hard down there at times for those that vist and enjoy the baja.

Relvsurfs

Reaction
Very well put Nimrod.. Had a great time and even with our break diwn out at mm 120 long retreval and a rough spot to retrive from had an awesome time and experience. if anyone needs a fluent spanish speaker for a co dog or chase on any of the CODE races .. hit me up ! We probably wont race till later in the year, after we rebuild the front end of the car. But yea the few A holes ( crooks, thieves, drugies, ect. ) and swine flu hype and our national security stuff sure has made it hard down there at times for those that vist and enjoy the baja.
Oh yea Locos Mocos and Baja pits ROCK !

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Did you guys notice all the cops in Ensenada pulling EVERYONE over (mostly locals)? Seemed like every two minutes we heard sirens and local cops writing tickets. I even have a pic of "ponch" I'll post tomorrow. Good times.

Yes, I did notice that the cops were pulling over locals and leaving gringos alone.... twelve days in Baja and not one problem. This trip really made me like Ensenada more than ever... sure is really tough on the local economy with the lack of tourists, though. They really need the tourists cruises ships back soon. I went down to the Bufadora where there are usually lots of tourists, and there were maybe 10 tourists in the whole village!

Weather was also awesome... great temps and no June Gloom fog. Great race! Even the Pepsi/Coke girls were particularly friendly this year.

Thanks to the DA guys and others who helped me get my moto running right :)