anyone ever 4 link with a t100 axle?

geoff

Reaction
after wasting way too much time looking for a 9" in phoenix, and/or trying to find someone that had one for under 2 grand, roundy-round or otherwise(gave up on that), i deceided to find a new axle. although people tried to tell me a 14 bolt or a dana 60 would be just fine <insert sarcasm> i think i am gona run a t100 axle

the width seems spot on, i could grab an LSD from a turbo supra, and i dont think i could have to get the driveshaft lengthened (as opposed to a 9") becuase the t100 axle still uses the 8" center section. also the ebrakes should work.

if anyone has any input id love to hear it. Ill truss the crap out of the axle and then put the mounts on it of course, but if there is a reason why i shouldnt use it please tell me, i found one for 500 and ill go pick it up this week so i can finish my damn 4 link already. the frame is pie cut, lower links built, and a ton of tabs cut, just without the axle its pretty much at a standstill. i dont know how strong the tubes are compared to say a big bearing 9" housing but i dont think ive ever heard of someone breaking one.

thanks

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -- Willy Wonka

drtdevil93

Reaction
the t-100 axle is a bad mother! it comes with a strong housing, strong internals, and is 6" wider. i wouldnt even plate it much, it comes triangulated very well. its also easy to find parts for, and is much cheaper. run it!!

erik

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
How about the tundra rear, got to be even stronger? That is what I always wanted to do.

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Check into the diff. I heard that the T100 diff is similar to the Tacoma which is different that a regular 8" (pre 1995) But that could depend on which year truck the T100 rear end is from.
And I could be way off, that is just what someone told me because I have two T100's now. One is a 1995 2wd (I already sold the rear end) and I just found out that it has a 6 lug pattern when I took off the hub caps, which surprised me since its a 2wd truck. And then I have a 1997 4wd that is my daily driver now.

If the person was wrong that said the diff is different please let me know because some day I might want to put a limited slip or something in my 4wd.

Anyone know what size tires I can put on my stock 4wd T100? I was thinking 31's without re-gearing it and without them rubbing. it has 235/75/15 right now which is way to small.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
You can fit 33's stock easily because I put 33's on my stock Toyota Pickup easily.

I was told that the T100 rear end is the same as the 8" and that my 3rd member will fit in it. And yes the 2WD and 4WD are all 6lug.

Go Big Or Go Home

spedy1

Reaction
it depends on if you have a v6 or 4 cyl. as far as traction devises there is not much out there. they make a air locker and trd has a limited slip. from 95 on the 3rd member is different from past year 8"

YotaWhoopRunner

Reaction
Is there a trd package that comes with the T100? The Tacoma with the trd package has a standard 8 inch locking diff while the open diff Tacomas are a little bigger. I just retrofitted the tacoma electric locker into my 86 housing with minimal modification. NOTE: take your time with the welding! Its a pain the ass if you weld too much and warp the housing.

geoff

Reaction
from what ive found on pirate4x4 i think the t100 and the tundra axle is the same. the tundra did come with the electric locker on the TRD models, however.

Also, the t100 will not accept a center section from a normal toyota 8" they are not compatible (from what ive read, not 100% sure)

im picking my axle up on thurs. found one for $350, and it has 4.30 gears. So until i step up to 35s (on 33s now) i will worry about a regear then. The new power from the EFI and boost will help a bit.

As for the bolt pattern, if you have a 4wd toy you are already good to go. For all the 5 lug 2wd guys... well this isnt a cake walk, but gonna have to figure something out. Im going to grab the front spindles off the t100, or else off an IFS 4wd toy, and make my center mounted arms around the new spindles.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -- Willy Wonka

geoff

Reaction
T100 Front spindle Epiphany....

Is the t100 front spindle the same as the 86+ 2wd spidnle??? I think it is, with the exception of the hub and brake caliper....

reason: look at total chaos's site, their uniball spindle looks identical. Also when doing a cross-parts search on car-part, 86 2wd stuff comes up... hmmm

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Re: T100 Front spindle Epiphany....

What about the guy who posted on here a while back with the black four linked T-100. Remember the one with the custom Billet lower links?

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction

I think the spindles are the same on the 2wd T100, except the hub because its a 6 lug. My 95 is sitting at my friends shop so I can't really look at it more until tomorrow. I haven't checked into it much becuase all the stock stuff is coming off on my truck. And Nicole at Total Chaos did tell me before that their 2wd kit will work on that truck.

geoff

Reaction

that is pretty interestnig, well ifyoure gonna pull the stock stuff off, would you mind selling the hubs? and/or spindles?