• Forum membership has its advantages....

Anyone have any info on this old Race Bronco?

E Gud

We just picked this old bronco up last night. The guy said it was built and raced in CA then sold and raced in WI. I am guessing Crandon? After that sold to Hopkins racing in the early 2000 where it raced Monster Jam tough trucks until a few years ago.

Rory

Crayola Killer
@toddz or Andrew Norton would be the go to guys on this.

E Gud

Andrew said he'd look at some old mags. Todd didn't have much to say.

retroblazer

I'll check with some of my old Crandon Class 3& 4 buddies. I think it must have been a Class 4 if the body is all glass and raced in the Midwest.

E Gud

Other than mine has coils and 3 link in the rear it looks a lot like this bronco.

toddz

Andrew said he'd look at some old mags. Todd didn't have much to say.
Yeah, I don't know this one. I'm sure I have some mags at home with pics of it though. Judging by your desert pic, I think it's a CA race probably in the '86-'88 time frame (based on tires/decals/wardrobes).

Todd Z.

E Gud

Yeah, I don't know this one. I'm sure I have some mags at home with pics of it though. Judging by your desert pic, I think it's a CA race probably in the '86-'88 time frame (based on tires/decals/wardrobes).

Todd Z.
I am not 100% sure that is the same truck. I have a couple of that one from Trackside. There are a few differences however I know things were changed on mine and different bars were added along the way, just not sure when.

E Gud

I believe the cage was rebuilt after a bad flop. I used to have a picture of it upside down, but somehow lost it.

toddz

In the first photo that you posted, I couldn't see any radius arms which made me wonder if it had leaf springs on the front, which would be odd for a desert Bronco. In looking at the Trackside photos, it sure looks like it has leaf springs on it. Can you look on your frame and see if you have any remnants of any bracketry there?

Old bracketry is often a tell-tale sign in helping determining a truck's true history.....

Todd Z.

E Gud

Nope, not the Bronco Ken built for Hal. The Bronco in my Avatar is Hal's old Racer. I need to take a pic of them side by side. Maybe this weekend I will get the two together.
I haven't had a chance to look it over much Todd. I think that one has leafs all the way around too. Mine has coils all the way around. Some of the fab work is top notch. Some not so much.