Anyone Heard of...

In_the_works

Reaction
Anyone have any experience with Duke's Rolcages in Riverside? They had the best price and turnaround time of all the fab shops I've called, but I've never heard of them. Here's theirweb page

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Dane-

I've heard of Duke's, but never been impressed by their work. Sorry, the stuff looks real "clunky" for lack of a better term.

I see you're in San Marcos, so I'm going to assume you've contacted H&M Motorsports?

I would suggest you contact Dave Turner at Dave Turner Motorsports in Hemet. He is a long time off road and rally racer, and has built every truck/car he has campaigned over the years. His prices are incredibly fair, and he does super clean work.

I just saw a pair of lower a-arms he built for a truck that runs in MDR (faceman11 here on RDC) and they were sweet! Dave is also a recommended JeepSpeed builder.

Contact him at:
DAVE TURNER MOTORSPORTS
301 W. Esplanade Avenue
Hemet, CA 92544
909/487-5944
dtmotorsports@juno.com

Tell him I sent ya! Let me know how it goes.

In_the_works

Reaction
I'll check that out. And yes, I did give H&M a call, but $4300 is a little out of my budget. I also talked to one of the guys at Americanspeedmetal.com, and they had reasonable prices, but were a little farther away.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
what are you looking to get done? What material?

motoxscott

Reaction
For the most part you get what you pay for. I would spend more to have someone do it right and who has done it before and has offroad experiance rather than someone building cages for civic's and dragsters.

-Scott

In_the_works

Reaction
I'm getting a 6 point cage, I wanted MIG'd 1 3/4' .120 wall DOM. Just a basic cage, nothing fancy. I could do most of the cross bracing myself, I just need the main hoop and bars for the A and B pillars.

singlehanded

Reaction
When I was pricing cab cages they were around 2800 for exactly what you say you want for my ranger cant believe it would be 1500 more for an f150. But anyway I going to build mine myself. Check bakermotorsports there stuff looks very good, also imzz industries I have been very happy with work they have done recently on my truck and there prices are very fair. I think everyone is a little too worried to find the cheapest price for this cage or this long travel kit that you are losing out on quality. I rather pay more once then end up having to have something redone at a better shop after it breaks or has problems. #1 reason for picking a fab shop to work on your truck should be the quality of their work period. Yes some fab shops are awsome and charge way to much, but there are plenty of good shops out there that are all in the same ballpark. I would never just call thru the yellow pages and get quotes on a cage and pick a shop without evergoing down and checking out their shop and quality of work.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I priced out a cage for my blazer and it was around $3k everywhere I went, That is with seat mounts. So I would continue to shop if I were you. I am having John Baker @ Baker Motorsports build mine.