Anyone know if any company is looking to sponsor.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
My brother I are almost done building our class 5 bug and are looking for a main sponsor for us to race.Does anyone know what are the best company's to get sponsored by or know any companys looking to sponsor.Let me know thanks.

b,jc.hk./;/ljk/LGKK

Attachments

rdc

Reaction
Hahahahhaaha im looking for sponsors first.But I will after we find one.

b,jc.hk./;/ljk/LGKK

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Yea sure, my company is looking for a sponsor. Just drop me a note stating how
much you want to sponsor us for and we will let you know where to send the check!
<grin>

bpthirteen

Reaction
Lets see. You have never raced before. You aren't quite done with your car. Yeah, the sponsers will be lining up to help you out. Your best bet is if your dad owns a company.

http://www.prepbyjake.com

1992f150

Reaction
i will sponsor you, ill provide a total sum of $1.00 Canadian to your team for a ride in that bug.
pm me if intrested.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

rdc

Reaction
Well thanks for the support guys we are just trying to get into the sport.But whatever just looking for some help.

b,jc.hk./;/ljk/LGKK

deleted

----
Reaction
your chances of entering the sport for the first time and attaining a sponsor right away is impossible, well i guess it not totally impossible, maybe if you meet Bill Gates somewhere and can actually convince him that what you are doing would be marketable to him and his company, he might write you a check for a cool million. Unless you are very lucky, to get sponsorship your best bet is race when possible so that you can establish a good resume to send potential sponsors...........
My .02.

Matt Scaroni
SMD Motorsports
Flat-Bill Up

bajaruner11

Reaction
mike_gener. Try starting with friends and family, say a friends parent that has a business even if it's small it puts letters on the side of your car, and gains interest. The business that's helping you can write off the effort as a promotional campaign. Just remember start small, and make friends with people because you have to have a race history before you can get any true sponsorship.

RacrDude

Reaction
Mike...let's assume for a moment that I want to sponsor you for $10,000.00....What do you offer in return for that investment?? I'm not trying to be a smarta$$...just sharing some education.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Why don't you guys steer him in the right direction instead of messin' with him? He's just starting out and probably doesn't know much in the way of anything when it comes to sponsorship and other dirt business. This is a good place for information so if you have experience and want to help educate this person do so w/o trying to make him feel like an idiot like some of you are doing!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I think if there was a method to the madness then everyone would be racing on someone elses dime. Its a sad reality that this guy will have to pay for his racing for quite some time out of his own pocket especially since he will probably only be racing MDR. Plus Score only has 2-3 5 opens. Who really wants to spend money on a car that will race against 2 cars in a score race. Class 1 or a TT sure because of the numbers and exposure. 5 open is not a very desireable class to watch. Just stating facts.

My advice would be start small, work on getting discounts, sign up with contingency sponsors and run there products and stickers and then if you are successful and they are always paying you after the races maybe they will take notice and give you bigger discounts which leads to free product.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Mike, This is second time you've posted this question. Re-read some of the suggestions from the previous postings (around 2 months ago). Especially the advise of Tony B. and a few others.

bpthirteen

Reaction
I'm sorry if I was a little harsh. I know how hard it is to get help. I have been very lucky to have the sponser's I have. If you want to find some help, you need to look close to home. Family and friends are your best bet. Here is an example. I get help from O'neill surfwear. The only reason is because my good friend is the owner. Otherwise O'neill could care less. My friend has even said that there is no advertising value in it for him. He only helps out because of our relationship. He also rides in the car. You need to find someone who wants to help you as a person. Start small, maybe find a local tire shop could help you out with a set of tires. Cash is hard to find. I hope you guys are able to find what you need to go racing.

http://www.prepbyjake.com