Anyone looking for a boat

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
How is it possible that one motor has less hours on it than the other? Did that mean that he ran only one motor sometimes?

Lets F*%KING RAGE!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
It is common to only have one motor on when idling through the marina or somewhere when a no wake zone is present, at least that's what I have always done. Gas is expensive for those merc 500s so any saved is a bonus. The best thing about 2 motors is one in forward and one in reverse...killer donuts

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

Tim

Reaction
Over time the small difference of tending to turn one engine on before the other adds up. Or one engine will die on your way somewhere and it wil add up some extra hours on the other engine. Thats not that big of a difference for a boat though, tim

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: How is it possible that one motor has less hours on it than the other?

I have twin engines on my boat and the hobbs meters have a difference of about 50 hours. It just turns out that way over a period of time. While manuvering in a marina I keep them both running for steering purposes but I sometimes shut one off while trolling. Keeping the right engine running while fishing keeps the battery charged so the bait tank pump doesn't drain it. The left engine is isolated from that power system so it's the left one that gets shut off and see's less hours.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Now I got a new wallpaper for the pc of Hulk in a speedo.. :)

A man is not finished when he is defeated,
he is finished when he quits.
-- Richard M. Nixon

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Im sporting the same pair in Vegas baby.

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: Now I got a new wallpaper for the pc of Hulk in a speedo.. :)

Your warped dude...... ;-)

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."