Anyone looking for a DRIVER/Co-Driver w/ 20+yrs Exp?

BajaCharlieSD

Reaction
I'm new to hear but not to the Off-Road Racing community. I'm Charlie Townsley I've been driving Off-Road Race Cars & Trucks for 20+ years, since I was 15 years old. My father Rudy Townsley has raced since the early 70's and I've grown up racing everything from BMX when I was 2, then Motorcycles, Quads, then my dad bought a Chenowth Mini-Mag in 1989, and been racing since. Some of my Best Accomplishments are: 1990 SCORE/HDRA Rookie Of The Year, 1990 & 1991 SCORE/HDRA CLASS 1200(MINI-MAG) Points Champion, 1997 BAJA 1000 1st Place PRO-TRUCK(Co-Drove w/ Ryan Thomas), BAJA 2000 2nd Class 1 5th Overall(Co-drove Weyhrich Bros TSCO Chenowth), 2002 BAJA 1000 5th Overall 2nd Class 1(Co-Drove w/ Doug Fortin in his single seat JIMCO). MY BIGGEST and GREATEST Accomplishments are 2001 & 2003 BAJA 1000 OVERALL 4 WHEEL VEHICLE CHAMPION & CLASS 1 WINNER(Co-Drove Doug Fortin's single seat JIMCO), those are some of my biggest besides my TWO CHILDREN, who are my number one Supporters and Fans. So as you can see I've had some HIGHS and definately my share of LOWS in Off-Road Racing. I raced my own car through out the 90's in Class 10 & Class 1 having success in both classes, but on a very very light budget. So if you or somebody you know of, are looking for a good Driver with plenty of experience and plenty of references, leave me a message or email me. Thanks for reading.

Thanks,
Charlie Townsley

tmathews

Reaction
I remember you.... You are AWESOME !!! Best of luck in your search... Keep me in mind if you need some welding supplies.

jeependon2

Reaction
Charley, there was a blog last week someone was looking for a co-driver, go through general discussion again.

BajaCharlieSD

Reaction
Ya I saw that, if it was the one for the 500?? It's a little to late for that ride. I could probably race the Baja 500 without pre-running since I've been down there so much, but I think everyone's already down there.

Reaction
You and Doug have always been a great team. O/Aing the 1000 is top on the list, and to have done it twice! I have always wondered why Doug hasn't been picked up by some team and you would also make a great choice. I know what it is like to be the second shoe for so many years with lots of success and less recognition, but as you know it is personal pride that really counts. Good luck.

BajaCharlieSD

Reaction
I really thank everyone so far sayying such nice things about me and Doug also. Never In any interview or newpaper or magazine did Doug Fortin make me seem to be the lesser driver. He is one of the best drivers out there and out of any racer out I respect his decision on many different things and at many different levels. He is actually one of my driving icons, My Father Rudy Townsley is my other. Doug made sure to tell everyone when I drove for him that he could put me in the car at night in the middle of no where, tell me how to drive his car(cuz it's his, he's the boss) and tell me where he wanted me to drive his car and where it needed to be at the end. So id put my mind and my driving style towards it and do wut he paid me for. He told me where he wanted the car at the finish line, and that was 1st, the OVERALL was something that I'd push a little extra for at the end. I will always have loved driving for Doug Fortin and hopefully have many more oppertunities to do in the future. Doug always made it clear in any of his interviews that there was no I in TEAM, we did those accomplishments as a TEAM. That's Doug, Charlie(myself), Doug Sr, Sandy Fortin, Jen Fortin, Tobey Townsley(my ex) and our complete Professional Team of Volunteers, BFG Pits. Thanks to all those people, we wouldn't of done as good or might not of even finished. Alwayscremember to thank your crew, cuz your nothing without them.

Thanks
Charlie

baja619

Reaction
What up Char dog. You will be back in the saddle soon.