Anyone near CBR Performance?

Fifty

Reaction
I’m trying to get an eta on a radiator shroud and fans from CBR.

It’s been a beyond slow process. I think I first tried to order it in November 2020...

And then finally got Clint to take the order in January or February 21...

ive called and called and left a ton of messages, tried email, etc. I once got a “it’s going to be built this week”... but that’s been over a month now.

I can’t get Georgeanna or Clint to return an email or call about when the shroud/fans will be built and shipped.

only thing my build is waiting on now is the shroud and fan and some RCV axles .

(the rcv axles is another mess. Supposed to be shipped first of January. But I have the old axles to run in the mean time. But I Cant drive the truck with out the fans)

ugh, but if anyone is local to CBR, or knows Clint. Can you ask him to please just return the email or call.

And to please actually put it on the build schedule and let me know when

Fifty

Reaction
I am just about done. It looks like PWR makes a radiator that is 31 x 19. So that should be the same size essentially as the CBR 1013.
The PW our radiator has dual brushless fans in the shroud. $1600 is an awful lot especially since I’ve already paid for the CBR fan and to shrouds and fans as it is.

I am going to call PWR tomorrow and I guess if the radiator is more or less the same size order it.

ALUMINUM RADIATOR MODULE

Off-Road Double Pass Radiator Module 31″ x 19″ w/ 20 Port Fittings (with Brushless Fans)​

SKU: CR-UC-RPR044D

Fifty

Reaction
I am a dumb arsey I thought my radiator was 31x19...

Hence calling pwr since I was hoping it would be a direct swap.

sadly it’s 28x19..... so now it’s got to be a little more tricky.

I’m glad I figured that out with out just ordering the part...
Measure 3 times and TAKE NOTES should be my new rule.

pwr is going to see what they can build.

seems this brushless fan need is being an issue. Thanks Nick. Smh....

Fifty

Reaction
Clint is a nice guy to talk to but... man.
Why does it take squeaky wheels to get a reply.

It took an act of God to get the details of the shroud and fan asselmbkh that he had planned (?) and it was an inch and a half thicker than the current set up. Not going to work.

I asked if he can make a 16 (15.2 inch) and an 11 (10 inch) fan shroud. So an offset two fan shroud.

it will push 1972 and 1345 cfm so hopefully that will solve my cooling issues and be thin enough for the supercharger pulley/belt...

and of course, all of a sudden my shroud was on the “to be built this week” list again.

Again, Clint is a real nice guy and the parts are great. But holy smokes, I wonder if it’s because I’m a nobody and the race trucks take priority and keep shoving me back.

fingers crossed that the shroud gets built in the next 10 days. Because after that, I need something new. Fool me once, my bad, fool me twice... my bad ... fool me three times... my bad... fool me the fourth time????
I’m an idiot and won’t be fooled a 5th.

(I think having the big issue in my life made me overlook the delay issue and it seemed small potatoes.)

Exp24

Reaction
If you have the radiator and fans, can a aluminum guy fab you a shroud that works, there are tons of guys with the talent to make one

Fifty

Reaction
Sadly not near me. I can weld aluminum, but I don’t have a break.
It ended up getting so head achey. It was hire it out.

wveryone wanted me to bring the truck to them, and it drove the price up way past having the shroud made by cbr...

anyways, fingers crossed they actually follow through and make this shroud as promised and with in the next week and a half.
Again, I like their stuff, I really do. Just this shroud has been a nightmare. Hopefully the issues have been solved!

Tube ride

Reaction
IMG_20210505_072900628.jpgreminds me of a Frank Zappa song Flakes

Fifty

Reaction
I’m praying that I don’t get shoved to the back again...
His work is awesome... just needs to get done to be awesome

92OCHO

Reaction
Mattson radiator in Stanton
I had a more than perfect experience with them

bad ass too

jewelry

CBR31887

Reaction
I’m trying to get an eta on a radiator shroud and fans from CBR.

It’s been a beyond slow process. I think I first tried to order it in November 2020...

And then finally got Clint to take the order in January or February 21...

ive called and called and left a ton of messages, tried email, etc. I once got a “it’s going to be built this week”... but that’s been over a month now.

I can’t get Georgeanna or Clint to return an email or call about when the shroud/fans will be built and shipped.

only thing my build is waiting on now is the shroud and fan and some RCV axles .

(the rcv axles is another mess. Supposed to be shipped first of January. But I have the old axles to run in the mean time. But I Cant drive the truck with out the fans)

ugh, but if anyone is local to CBR, or knows Clint. Can you ask him to please just return the email or call.

And to please actually put it on the build schedule and let me know when
We have talked numerous times about the sizing of the shroud and fan application for your order. Last week the shroud dims were changed again due to sizing limitations in your vehicle. We have responded to every email that we have received from you. You mentioned that you were having issues with your email(not receiving and sending).
Your order is placed in the line up but we are extremely busy, as most businesses are right now. You have not been charged/paid for the shroud.
Thank You
CBR Performance Products

Fifty

Reaction
No you have not responded to every email. And certainly not every phone call.
I have left many a message on your voice mail and with you personally Georgeanna.

I started my Calls in before the end of 2020 trying to get an idea for options and place an order. It wasn’t until February that I was able to finally get a response to have the shroud “ordered to be designed then made”. (My words but it’s the best way I can describe it)

When i do speak with you, your answer is always “I don’t do that, Clint needs to get back to you”...
sometimes I even got “it’s being built this week (and one time it was to built tomorrow)” ...
and I accepted that if it didn’t fit no huge deal, I’d eat it. And commission another from what I learned.

Sadly the returned calls and built shroud never happens.

I get it, he is busy building and designing.

But you can’t dismiss every client with “it’s not my position”...

as for the emails, I changed from my Comcast account to the gmail account and never had a problem with your server kicking them back. This was resolved with your acknowledgment.

Ive tried Instagram messaging. I’ve tried everything.

The only sizing info I was ever able to get was the size of the radiator which I already know and that it was to use a drop in fan of unknown size. I was never able to get a thickness number from cbr until the May phone call.

if the sizing question had been answered way back when, then the issue would have been resolved way back when.

after I finally did get the specs and that it wouldn’t fit, I realized that i could not go through the phone games for months, begging and pleading and saying please 50 times through phone email and Instagram messages for a couple months in order to finally be allowed to place another order, and then have that order take the requisite time what ever that happens to be.

I needed to get a shroud made with a fan that will fit and pull enough air to cool the motor.

And a target date. That’s it. That’s all.

it’s sad that it took a fed up phone call and a thread on a forum asking for third party help, just to get a reply.

Last edited:

Fifty

Reaction
I’m not trying to make this acrimonious. I’m having a craptastic day. Dog was poisoned and spent the entire day at the vet.
This year hasn’t been great medically for me either.

I’m trying to have a shroud made that fits and cools the engine.

Ive tried to be as communicative as possible, and as flexible as possible. And as understanding and realistic about costs and times as possible. I’m not made of money but I understand it costs to play.

But if you’re upset that a client needed to enlist the help of a third party who is local to try to get some sort of service communication... well then I’m not sure what more I can do to be part of the solution to this issue.

certainly shouldn’t be upset that a client has frustrations and is worried about future situations.

Trying to spend money and know what your buying just shouldn’t be this hard. It should be fun and easy.

Last edited:

Fifty

Reaction
As much as I’m right and they are right and I am wrong and they are wrong....

My patience is shorter than it should be. I’ve got too much me negative in my life to be making decisions with out allowing some down time and reflection time first.

I need to find some patience.