Anyone race BITD?

Astrnaughtwanabe

Reaction
i was thinking about entering some best in the desert races but do they all come with such a hefty entry fee? the next one in mesquite they want $600 for a team and like $400 or something insane for ironman?????? is that a typo? how can anyone afford that, especially in this economy?

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
do you have any experience racing off-road?

because you dont want to just start racing in BITD, that would be a very steep and long learning curve.

Harpo

Reaction
Most of the BITD entry fees for amatuer bikes is under $300. my opinion is that you can race the best series at any skill lever and have a blast

Nick_A

Reaction
My buddy just did amateur ironman for his first race at V2R and won.

Comparing prices to the SCORE series BITD is a pretty good deal IMHO.

referman

Reaction
Racings racing dude. Once you leave the line it's all heart. You just gotta understand you can't win the race in the first 10 miles. The entry fees are what they are due to the BLM. The permits are very costly and BITD does a very great job providing the best experience for every race they put on. Whether your an ameture, expert or pro, your bound to have a great time. And if you find a team rider you're gonna split the cost anyways so it's really not that bad. I spend more prepairing my bike and pit supplies than the entry fee. What's your skill level? I'm always looking for team riders for my bike. I've got the rest of this year covered but maybe next year. Good luck and hope to see you someday going for it man.

LVJames... #522

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
KXKid, that wasn't just a "fall".
yea yea yea... wouldda shouldda couldda...;)

And to the original poster - IMO BITD entry fees are stinkin' cheap. Looking at the big picture what BiTD has to go thru for us to race, it's worth it.

Astrnaughtwanabe

Reaction
well i have no experience racing but i have been riding for almost 20years. and im betting i wouldnt win but i know i would be able to hold my own and atleast have fun if nothing else. but the fees atleast for the upcoming race in mesquite the bilek 300? or something or other. they want $400 for ironman and $600 for teams. theres no way i could afford that on top of the cost of pitting and bike preparation like said above. so i guess racing will have to wait till i get my finances straight or i find a cheaper race to enter. thanks for the comments guys

Astrnaughtwanabe

Reaction
referman where and how often do you ride? maybe we could meet up somewhere and get some riding in, you could see if i'd be worthy teammate and i could see if i have the skill to ride bitd riding with you.

ORR183

Reaction
I've thought about it for several years, but due to cost to race and high-speeds; it has never come together.

I know the Parker course by heart, so for 2010 I might bite the bullett and give it a go.

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
i may give that bushwackers race a try. also i would love to do that parker bike race, the track looks like a blast.

ill be at the bushwacker race. they just said they were going to have a 'dakar-section' in the race.

that means..... well.... it will be awesome. i heard something about sand dunes.

but it will be a great race. good idea to be there. pre sign-ups are today at "Bilbo's Restraunt" at Ann and Decatur. i wont be at those, because im a little ill.

Jshultz

Reaction
Andrew,
Let's talk about this, I think we may race a couple of BITD next year, Brian Whiteside and I might need a good partner for two of the races. let's chat a little.

Total Loss

Reaction
KXKid, that wasn't just a "fall".
yea yea yea... wouldda shouldda couldda...;)

And to the original poster - IMO BITD entry fees are stinkin' cheap. Looking at the big picture what BiTD has to go thru for us to race, it's worth it.

Totally agree.