Anyone see this? BITD rule change

Race8100

Reaction
Class 1800 Rule Revision

Revised as of 4/27/09, page 108 in the CT Rule Book
Class 1800 - OPEN SPORTSMAN
Competition regulations

Note: No Driver of Record, who has raced in any Professional Class with Best In The Desert as a Car or Truck Driver of Record will be allowed to be a Driver of Record in the Sportsman Class. Open Sportsman Class in Best In The Desert is an ENTRY LEVEL class for participants to get orientated to the sport of off-road desert racing. The Open Sportsman Class is a NO Points Class.

<<<<Hmm, so much for an economical way to go racing...??>>>>

Race8100

Reaction
I guess all those TT and class 1 guys that pre-ran the TT250 in the AM (WITHOUT having to lease an IRC because the said they were only going to do 1 lap) are out of luck...

M_Solms

Reaction
I guess all those TT and class 1 guys that pre-ran the TT250 in the AM (WITHOUT having to lease an IRC because the said they were only going to do 1 lap) are out of luck...

Might be the reason for the rule.
They don't want the sportsman class to become a prerun but I guess a crew guy could be the DOR and have whoever for a passenger.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Might be the reason for the rule.
They don't want the sportsman class to become a prerun but I guess a crew guy could be the DOR and have whoever for a passenger.

The reason for that rule was Pistol's idea of pooling all the entry fee money and everyone enter sportsman. The way he had it figured was the winner took home 65k in cash money.

just sucks for someone that might be moving up in class or adds another car to the fleet ... maybe they will make exceptions .. im betting casey will be willing to hear everybody out

Race8100

Reaction
LOL. Just read all the thread from Pete S. Sorry for the repost. Didn't read his post originally b/c it seemed to be a joke.

have to say that there would be a few cases that DOR does mattter...

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
please dont bring this up EVER again..............i dont need another phone call....................and we had a tracker at tt250........

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Seems like if Casey wanted to accomplish preventing this, there were other ways to do it.

It is too bad that someone who has driven in a pro-class will not be able to go back to sportsman and race for fun as DOR.

Race8100

Reaction
Spoke w/ Casey BITD. They have now changed the rule back. All is good and peace is restored. Mods feel free to lock this thread.