• Forum membership has its advantages....

Anyone surprised by how low the entries are at the mint?

green787

Sorry, saving it for people relevant to the topic...racing at the Mint. Or did you sign up?
My 4wdYota doesn't do that well down straight roads.... I was waiting for them to blade it for you.....

green787

I am not surprised by how low the entries are at the mint?

It's obvious that the race has run it's course and is right there with Competition Hill at Glamis.....
Seriously Prich, why not start the race in that run down corner of town where Trump Tower is located??? The POTUS could lead the Parade down Freemont St. or whatever it is... Call it the "Trump 400"..... or do you think he won't podium???

J BomBer

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, that if you have to borrow money..... rack up a credit card.... get a home equity loan..... to sponsor your racing endeavor, you probably should just be a spectator.....
You do realize If you never use a credit card your credit goes down which can hurt you for your next purchase. I use my credit card all the time to fund parts for my 1600 cars, but I also have the money in the bank ready to pay it off, so to say if you do that you shouldn’t be racing, sounds like something a spectator would say.

jon coleman

balance transfer racing, that was me, trouble is Never had $ in bank ready to pay discover, B of A, citi, chase, mbna, capitol one, had over 100k in credit, used up over half in racing ,,,, endeavour s.im ' angry at sXs guys cause i want one too!

Bro_Gill

Having a credit card and paying it off every month is not the same as buying a car on credit to make payments over time to pay it off. Understand the difference. You are doing it right. Folks that BORROW money with the intent on making a small monthly payment over years to pay it off for a race car, not so smart.

jon coleman

trouble w buying sxs outright on credit can become a repo thing, if you buy your race car piece by piece, then let your friend "own"it, no repo dudes to ruin your race programme

J BomBer

Having a credit card and paying it off every month is not the same as buying a car on credit to make payments over time to pay it off. Understand the difference. You are doing it right. Folks that BORROW money with the intent on making a small monthly payment over years to pay it off for a race car, not so smart.
Whether it’s a race car or travel trailer or motor cycle they all fall under the same category, hobby. Some may not want to drop that much at once so why not make payments, smart really.

MTPyle

Why do people rip on utvs? Is it only people that have never driven one? Because i love mine dont see why anyone would hate on it
Why do they have to race at night In Laughlin? It’s like being with a fat chick, you don’t want your friends to see what your riding. LOL

Mike

JoeyD23

Why do people rip on utvs? Is it only people that have never driven one? Because i love mine dont see why anyone would hate on it
they should be highfiving UTVs for helping keep this sport not only alive but feeding hundreds of thousands of new off road fans and enthusiasts into the sport. I know many will debate this as a bad thing too, but if you’re in the off road industry as a race promoter or a parts manufacturer you could argue that UTVs helped save a slowing industry.

JoeyD23

Why do they have to race at night In Laughlin? It’s like being with a fat chick, you don’t want your friends to see what your riding. LOL

Mike
I’ll tell you my opinion. Originally this Laughlin race was not going to include UTVs because we had the UTVWC in Laughlin already earlier in the year. Then they (BITD) realizes if they made it a points race for UTVs and stuffed them in on Thursday night they would give them 1. A night race on the track they already raced, 2. Maybe get a lighting sponsorship out of it, and 3. With the UTVs showing up their entry fees alone would likely cover the entire weekends fees for the org. It was one of the reasons Casey didn’t want to get rid of the Parker 250 which used to kick the season off only 2-3 weeks after the previous seasons last race. He told me the UTVs at Parker was mandatory because 1. It covered the cost of the race for the BIKES and for the Parker 450 pre run.

so while I won’t say UTVs are the step children, they do get used by the promoters in many cases for their value in dollars. Back out the UTV entries at Mint or any BITD and all of a sudden the entry numbers aren’t all that impressive at these events. Back out the companies who sponsor because they make UTV stuff (Polaris, Can Am, etc) and all of a sudden money gets taken from the promotors.

Many non UTV racers and fans may not like them but like I said earlier in a post. Everyone should be thanking them for their contributions to the sport and the promotors should consider how they preserve the growth of the class vs how much they can milk from them and the companies that support them.

M.Tornel Jr

they should be highfiving UTVs for helping keep this sport not only alive but feeding hundreds of thousands of new off road fans and enthusiasts into the sport. I know many will debate this as a bad thing too, but if you’re in the off road industry as a race promoter or a parts manufacturer you could argue that UTVs helped save a slowing industry.
I agree honesly i think theyre great and i think they race hard and i love mine makes prerunning very practical

jon coleman

my favorite racing is at night in the desert , cool , scary, & when your done, its allready waaaay past 0 beerthirty😁

green787

You should hit the Leduc swap meet this weekend and pick up a GPS. Looks like you took a wrong turn on your way to the Vintage forum.
Actually I'm lost in space......

Klaus needs an off road "music" section....

Last edited:

green787

Your mom wants her oven mitts back and your dad wants to know why you used all the gray tape to cover your helmet.
Those are Smelting gloves....

1582580933668.png

Last edited:

MTPyle

Entry list is growing by the day. We have 18 Baja trucks on the list and I know of 3 others that are racing but not on the list yet. So we will at least have 21 which is a decent field.

Mike